The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:34 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

So ... people want the dead to stay dead. Where have we heard that before, and who was ignoring it?

Right. The Baron. Had no problem bringing a dead royal back to life, and did not care about the succession rules of the royals.

Even here -- Red Reo is basically saying a bad dictator is going to be even harder to remove or wait out.

So I have some thoughts about the implications of this, and frankly, a little immortality seems to be going a very, very long way. I'd like to see what others are thinking before I say what I'm thinking.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 am 
Janitor
Janitor

keybounce wrote:
So ... people want the dead to stay dead. Where have we heard that before, and who was ignoring it?

Right. The Baron. Had no problem bringing a dead royal back to life, and did not care about the succession rules of the royals.

Neither of which were "the dead must stay dead". The rules of succession are "once dead, you're legally dead as far as succession goes, regardless of your continued life".

Her house had no Sparks and thus was unused to the possibility of one them coming back. That this would inflame them, enrage them, was what Klaus was unconcerned with (and that her house probably did think "the dead should stay dead").

For another take on immortal rulers; The Lich Kings of Avalon. (an economist by day, D&D player by night, Multiplexer reveals the economy behind Murder Hoboery)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:11 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

No-one's saying for the dead to stay dead here, either. They just want foreign powers out, and are willing to let a bunch of foreigners be unable to be revived in order to do that. I bet that their own people, they'd be happy to revive.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:45 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Reaver225 wrote:
No-one's saying for the dead to stay dead here, either. They just want foreign powers out, and are willing to let a bunch of foreigners be unable to be revived in order to do that. I bet that their own people, they'd be happy to revive.

Roughly half of casualties are not foreigners, will you people stop forgetting this?

No, this is not supposed to help their case, I'm simply annoyed by inherent hypocrisy of accusing them of racism speciesm while using racist speciest argument. Ignoring casualties because they are of race species you don't currently like is racist speciest.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:31 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

evileeyore wrote:
keybounce wrote:

Neither of which were "the dead must stay dead". The rules of succession are "once dead, you're legally dead as far as succession goes, regardless of your continued life".

Her house had no Sparks and thus was unused to the possibility of one them coming back. That this would inflame them, enrage them, was what Klaus was unconcerned with (and that her house probably did think "the dead should stay dead").

For another take on immortal rulers; The Lich Kings of Avalon. (an economist by day, D&D player by night, Multiplexer reveals the economy behind Murder Hoboery)

That is an amazing campaign idea. I'll have to run that next time my time opens up for a game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:17 pm 
Intern
Intern

keybounce wrote:

Even here -- Red Reo is basically saying a bad dictator is going to be even harder to remove or wait out.

So I have some thoughts about the implications of this, and frankly, a little immortality seems to be going a very, very long way. I'd like to see what others are thinking before I say what I'm thinking.

Which royal were we talking about? As I thought that baroness stayed dead?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:27 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

grahamf wrote:
keybounce wrote:

Zulenna Luzhakna one of the student/hostages on board castle wulfenbach. And I wouldn't say the Baron had no problems with it. He knew they would object, but he promised his protection and when he failed to keep her alive he was going to rectify the situation no matter what.

Also there was that one royal who lead the clank attack on Mechanicsburg who ended up as just a head. Succession was mentioned when he bargained for a new body.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:43 pm 
Intern
Intern

Arcanestomper wrote:
grahamf wrote:
keybounce wrote:

Zulenna Luzhakna one of the student/hostages on board castle wulfenbach. And I wouldn't say the Baron had no problems with it. He knew they would object, but he promised his protection and when he failed to keep her alive he was going to rectify the situation no matter what.

Also there was that one royal who lead the clank attack on Mechanicsburg who ended up as just a head. Succession was mentioned when he bargained for a new body.

I don't think the Baron ever resurrected Zulenna. And I'd have to track down that page, but I think the head was more interested in getting an "abomination" nameplate to piss off his wife.

Found the relevant section for Lord Selnikov: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20110202
It does seem that he would have to lose all his titles and land, along with his social status. But he was definitely happy about the thought of a nameplate bolted to his head.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

grahamf wrote:
Arcanestomper wrote:
grahamf wrote:

I don't think the Baron ever resurrected Zulenna. And I'd have to track down that page, but I think the head was more interested in getting an "abomination" nameplate to piss off his wife.

Found the relevant section for Lord Selnikov: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20110202
It does seem that he would have to lose all his titles and land, along with his social status. But he was definitely happy about the thought of a nameplate bolted to his head.

We didn't specifically see if Zulenna was resurrected, but there isn't any reason to think the Baron didn't follow through on his plan to do so. He had plenty of time before everything got crazy. And he certainly intended to do so, which was the gist of the original post.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:40 pm 
Janitor
Janitor

Arcanestomper wrote:
We didn't specifically see if Zulenna was resurrected, but there isn't any reason to think the Baron didn't follow through on his plan to do so.

Yeah, Klaus is nothing if not forthright.