The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:36 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Hmmm . . . a mistake, or enemy action?

And one notes that apparently the annie plants didn't blow.

--FreeFlier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:34 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

I disagree. To me it seems like primary plant exploded. Exploded, as in "in all directions" instead of venting in one direction like we have usually seen them do.

But in a grander scope, I have no frakking idea what's going on. Was that Petey's superfortress? Or someone apart of him is now meddling in Taussenigan politics?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:37 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

FreeFlier wrote:
Hmmm . . . a mistake, or enemy action?

And one notes that apparently the annie plants didn't blow.

--FreeFlier

M[i]ech wrote:
I disagree. To me it seems like primary plant exploded. Exploded, as in "in all directions" instead of venting in one direction like we have usually seen them do.

But in a grander scope, I have no frakking idea what's going on. Was that Petey's superfortress? Or someone apart of him is now meddling in Taussenigan politics?

Yep, looks like the main one did. The secondaries seem to have stayed intact though.

I was going to type something witty here.....but yeah...I couldn't think of anything.

Oh but here's a favorite quote: "I would remind you
that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind
you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:34 am 
Entertainment
Entertainment

M[i]ech wrote:

With the ship names, this could be an Ob'enn civil war. Perhaps even a "Petey's kinder, gentler Ob'enn" v. the more militaristic "Make Tannhaus Great Again" crowd?

" I gotta stop doing mathematics while sober."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:35 am 
Intern
Intern

Not Petey. This appears to be proper psychobear. Note the naming conventions don't follow the PD convention.

In positive news, we now have the ability to understand the basics of ship classification tables!

That annie plant definitely blew up, though.

*cue evil laugh*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:52 am 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

WickedWolfie wrote:
Not Petey. This appears to be proper psychobear. Note the naming conventions don't follow the PD convention.

In positive news, we now have the ability to understand the basics of ship classification tables!

That annie plant definitely blew up, though.

Do we actually know that Petey renames captured ships? PD convention is for stuff he builds himself.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:57 am 
Entertainment
Entertainment

True . . . I think I thought the main annie plant was a planet in the background.

--FreeFlier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:38 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Even if Petey didn't rename all his ships we know it wasn't him because the Razor's reply was typical Ob'enn arrogance and not Petey's usual tone.

We also know he wasn't responsible for the destruction either as his demonstrated method for taking out super capitals is much more precise. Actually if the primary annie plant blew from the inside maybe it was someone doing a long gun firing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:43 am 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Arcanestomper wrote:
Even if Petey didn't rename all his ships we know it wasn't him because the Razor's reply was typical Ob'enn arrogance and not Petey's usual tone.

We also know he wasn't responsible for the destruction either as his demonstrated method for taking out super capitals is much more precise. Actually if the primary annie plant blew from the inside maybe it was someone doing a long gun firing.

Actually, by askig if it's Petey's superfortress I meant something like "suborned by Petey, now remote controlled and rigged to explode as a setup for some kind of statements/social engineering project of his". That kind of contrived plan would align perfectly with his modus operandi.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:13 am 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Petey is not here. That much should be obvious from the interaction. Petey is neither an overt asshole nor a coward, so it can be immediately deduced that neither speaker is Petey or in petey's direct employ. Petey may have set up the diplomatic action, but he isn't one of the parties.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:03 am 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

It could be Petey's Ob'enn, using their own ship. A ship like that that still uses the same naming conventions is hard to explain any other way. However, Petey also might have progressed beyond retraining his own Ob'enn to broader social manipulation far enough that he has no direct ties to this group.

These days I imagine everything is his fault to some non-zero degree.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:34 am 
Intern
Intern

Hmmm. I thought the entire O'Benn Empire/Dominion/Superpolity/Whatever to be firmly under Petey's thumb by now. The way those two ships were talking to each other, that seems to not be the case. I'm with M[i]tech in not knowing what the frak is up with them these days.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:46 am 
Entertainment
Entertainment

macnut wrote:
Hmmm. I thought the entire O'Benn Empire/Dominion/Superpolity/Whatever to be firmly under Petey's thumb by now. The way those two ships were talking to each other, that seems to not be the case. I'm with M[i]tech in not knowing what the frak is up with them these days.

Mr, too, but ... unless I'm mis-remembering, we've never been told that the Ob'enn were pacified, or anywhere close. Last we knew, they were fighting "The Rogue." But it has been a long time since I remember a reference to that sub-plot.

" I gotta stop doing mathematics while sober."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:47 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

The Ob'enn's enemies had at their height a military twice the size of the UNS, and they were losing. That implies that the Ob'enn's military was probably second only to the gatekeepers and the Petey. We also know that their plate ships outmatched any other race's plates based on that gravy statement when the core generator was being dealt with. And while the Ob'enn are arrogant and racist they can't have survived a centuries long genocidal war by being stupid. If anything their reaction to Petey's withdrawal shows that they can learn and adjust their own tactics.

So yeah I doubt Petey has been able to deal with them completely yet.

Also wow, I just took a closer at that picture of the cloak. It's secondary annies dwarf a superfortress. The primary must be 100 kilometers wide. And it looks like it has more than fifteen of them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:05 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Black Sheep wrote:
macnut wrote:

Mr, too, but ... unless I'm mis-remembering, we've never been told that the Ob'enn were pacified, or anywhere close. Last we knew, they were fighting "The Rogue." But it has been a long time since I remember a reference to that sub-plot.

I think Obenn were more of contained than pacified, as in, too afraid of Rouge to lash at any neighbours, but still armed to the teeth.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:36 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

IIRC, Petey had the O'benn contained partially in their own heads . . .

"Sure the sector looks empty! It always looks empty until the screaming starts!"

--FreeFlier