The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:04 pm 
Concession Worker
Concession Worker

True, keeping the dead up to date is probably a good idea. They're not being paid to drop castles into volcanoes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:07 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

I don't think they were being paid at all at the time

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:25 pm 
Aquarium Exhibit
Aquarium Exhibit

sotanaht wrote:
I don't think they were being paid at all at the time

Considering what happened to the value of the company stock while they were dead, I think they got unpaid.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:28 pm 
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

I, for one, would certainly appreciate a heads-up about something like being unpaid yes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:01 am 
Concession Worker
Concession Worker

Especially if it takes weeks or months to be fully revived. Then you may have to find a new place to live and catch up on other unpaid bills, maybe even find a new job...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:19 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

If you are in a post-death society, then these little hospital time-outs are no excuse to not keep up with keeping up to date.

Heck, we might see people assigned to various research activities while their bodies heal.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:39 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

keybounce wrote:
If you are in a post-death society, then these little hospital time-outs are no excuse to not keep up with keeping up to date.

Heck, we might see people assigned to various research activities while their bodies heal.

I, for one, would prefer to live in world where being dead should count, at the very least, as medical leave. Dealing with any injury is demanding and traumatic, requiring not just healing the body, but dealing with the consequences of 'being out of the game'. Coming back from death would be even more so.

So yeah, keep up to date, but being required to work sounds like dystopia.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:06 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Motortiki wrote:
keybounce wrote:

I, for one, would prefer to live in world where being dead should count, at the very least, as medical leave. Dealing with any injury is demanding and traumatic, requiring not just healing the body, but dealing with the consequences of 'being out of the game'. Coming back from death would be even more so.

It's the other way around though - Para's perfectly able and willing to work at this point, but she hasn't been briefed up to date.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:50 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Motortiki wrote:
keybounce wrote:

I absolutely agree that "medical leave" or "hospital timeout" is a big thing. These should not be treated as serious, life-threatening or death-threatening activities.

"Out of the game"? I actually thought they got into the game. Like a weekend group activity.

But this is a state of world/being where your mind is perfectly fine. Once you start growing up in a world where this is normal and expected, your reaction will be along the lines of "Oh, darn, I guess I did mess up. Oh well, relive and learn". Where children will be scarring their parents with even more "Watch me!" than now.

Yes, your body needs to heal. But unlike modern "Your body and mind are linked strongly, and both need to heal", this is "Your mind is fine, and probably bored".

Bored enough to hack up the monster world, steal it's treasure C/Gpu time, and proceed onto the next room job promotion.

(if you google that, it's Roger Wilcox's page, and right now it's the 8th entry).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

What I get from this is that Elf has miraculously retained her captain's rank despite not having a ship, and being an absolute garbage-tier officer who doesn't communicate with anybody, *including* her husband and commanding officer before doing things, and has extreme emotional stability issues.

Bust her back to sergeant already, that's where she actually did some good rather than making everything worse before getting *impossibly lucky*.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:46 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

May I remind you that anyone good at a job will be promoted to a new job until they find something they are no good at. This is the Petey princi ... oh, right.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:23 am 
Carnie
Carnie

keybounce wrote:
May I remind you that anyone good at a job will be promoted to a new job until they find something they are no good at. This is the Petey princi ... oh, right.

HAH!

Excellent.