The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:40 am 
Aquarium Exhibit
Aquarium Exhibit

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't spot any threads that seemed likely (and I only registered yesterday):

in the comic it is portrayed as if the longevity treatment is a gift from the oafa, but in fact we know that they would have gotten the information from either petey or the mercenaries. that leads me to question what in fact the relationship is between the oafa and the mercenaries? and why didn't the mercenaries seek more credit for handing over the blood nannies?

(bump: this thread wasn't approved until april the 22nd!)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:22 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

miturian wrote:
in the comic it is portrayed as if the longevity treatment is a gift from the oafa, but in fact we know that they would have gotten the information from either petey or the mercenaries. that leads me to question what in fact the relationship is between the oafa and the mercenaries? and why didn't the mercenaries seek more credit for handing over the blood nannies?

It's political. Doing it this way (a) kills off the UNS faction that was running project Laz'R'Us, thus avoiding them starting a serious civil war, or getting humanity killed off by the rest of the galaxy's civilisations (b) avoids the Toughs getting prosecuted by the UNS for their many assorted crimes (c) gets the Oafa civilisation restarted (d) strengthens baryonic civilisations in the Milky Way and probably (e) has some unexpected side-effect for future plot purposes. Points a-d have Petey's paw-prints all over them.

The Toughs couldn't hand over the immortality nano, because it's "obvious" that they must have stolen it from somewhere. An ancient and powerful galactic civilisation, that also provides the solution to the major resource problem caused by immortality, is a different matter.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:36 am 
Poster child for the IGNORE list

miturian wrote:

(bump: this thread wasn't approved until april the 22nd!)

Acquiring yourself a Forum Weapon ensures that if such a thing does happen again you can melt the entire forum with your ire. Or maybe just the thread, and Welcome to the Forums.

And if you're ever in a fight involving thermonuclear weapons, shoot first.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:59 am 
Janitor
Janitor

Aforementioned Armory is here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12867&start=510

Go in and announce yourself!

Here's a tip. There are several competing Armorers which will try to push stuff on you.
MesCorp's stuff is known to explode. A lot.
The upstart AlphaCo is trying but failing to outdo this, with a fixation on antimatter munitions.
EvilEInc isn't so bad.
IshidanCo specializes in true custom made builds. Not necessarily custom made to YOUR specifications, but customized nonetheless. Currently on the clearance rack: a hovering, lightning-slinging bodyguard robot. More specs to follow upon customer taking delivery.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:06 am 

Ishidan wrote:
Aforementioned Armory is here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12867&start=510

Go in and announce yourself!

Here's a tip. There are several competing Armorers which will try to push stuff on you.
MesCorp's stuff is known to explode. A lot.
The upstart AlphaCo is trying but failing to outdo this, with a fixation on antimatter munitions.
EvilEInc isn't so bad.
IshidanCo specializes in true custom made builds. Not necessarily custom made to YOUR specifications, but customized nonetheless. Currently on the clearance rack: a hovering, lightning-slinging bodyguard robot. More specs to follow upon customer taking delivery.

Here, let me revise that for you:

MesCorp stuff is designed to explode (A Lot), and is obviously the best.
The upstart AlphaCo is a puny competitor that will cater to you if you have specific antimatter requirements
EvilEInc, despite the name isn't actually evil at all, but rather tries (and frequently fails) to curb MesCorp's awesome explosive tendencies. Occasionally also audits the other Armourers, but not so much because they simply aren't as dangerously explosive (or explosively dangerous) as MesCorp. Good for when you simply want a six shooter* what doesn't jam, explode, or come with 65 different settings cough-IshidanCo-cough
IshidanCo is another puny competitor, but that's only because that's only because they fiddle about with custom builds that don't explode. I mean, really. How scandalous is that?

*Disclaimer: You may not actually get a six shooter, or any kind of shooter

And if you're ever in a fight involving thermonuclear weapons, shoot first.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:08 am 
Carnie
Carnie

Ishidan wrote:
EvilEInc isn't so bad.

That's because at EvilE Inc we specialize in practical, low maintenance, easy to use devices.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:00 am 
Entertainment
Entertainment

mesmorino wrote:
MesCorp stuff is designed to explode (A Lot), and is obviously the best.
The upstart AlphaCo is a puny competitor that will cater to you if you have specific antimatter requirements
EvilEInc, despite the name isn't actually evil at all, but rather tries (and frequently fails) to curb MesCorp's awesome explosive tendencies. Occasionally also audits the other Armourers, but not so much because they simply aren't as dangerously explosive (or explosively dangerous) as MesCorp. Good for when you simply want a six shooter* what doesn't jam, explode, or come with 65 different settings cough-IshidanCo-cough
IshidanCo is another puny competitor, but that's only because that's only because they fiddle about with custom builds that don't explode. I mean, really. How scandalous is that?

I'll have to give a bonus to the marketing team. It's nice to know that the marketing memetics marketing campaign is working.

AlphaSec CEO
Owns Exponential antimatter magazines and a 30" long gun.
Wants a 30" Sniper Rifle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:11 pm 
Carnie
Carnie

mesmorino wrote:

Completely.

Which reminds me, I need to order several more pairs of armored underwear from IshidanCo seeing as how someone has been letting dangerous wild feral Cute Kittens loose in the Armory.