The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:23 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Well, looks like there's still eight individuals out there that SA needs to worry about. And only five are brazen enough to still stay in public view.

I wonder if they've gotten results from cross-referencing the images of those that showed dismay with outstanding warrants/records.
I mean, if they've received a report on those that exhibited dismay, they've probably also got a report on those that have outstanding records.

Wait.
Are those swarm nodes in the background?

How big of a role in the main plot will SA occupy?

AlphaSec CEO
Owns Exponential antimatter magazines and a 30" long gun.
Wants a 30" Sniper Rifle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:39 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

A.) That was only a representative sample of one area.

B.) That doesn't include any experienced or good enough to not openly panic at the first sign of law enforcement.

C.) That doesn't include anybody who doesn't readily recognize SA. Bunni and crowd needed to be debriefed on them at Haven Hive, so their reputation isn't all-encompassing.

D.) They could be distressed for reasons other than criminal. Say, if they were planning on providing their own security in a seller's market that just collapsed. Or if they just don't like sanctimonious cops, because lord knows there's nobody in the world who simply dislikes all forms of law enforcement.

It's a decent interpretation of the data, but the number of actual criminals and crime to fight could easily be way off from just that for a ton of reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:28 pm 
Intern
Intern

aroduc wrote:
C.) That doesn't include anybody who doesn't readily recognize SA. Bunni and crowd needed to be debriefed on them at Haven Hive, so their reputation isn't all-encompassing.
Well, Bunni and crowd are not typically engaged in criminal activity, and presumably inexperienced criminals will quickly get caught.

aroduc wrote:
D.) They could be distressed for reasons other than criminal. Say, if they were planning on providing their own security in a seller's market that just collapsed. Or if they just don't like sanctimonious cops, because lord knows there's nobody in the world who simply dislikes all forms of law enforcement.
Well, obviously, merely exhibit dismay at the sight of Sanctum Adroit isn't grounds for being arrested,

aroduc wrote:
It's a decent interpretation of the data, but the number of actual criminals and crime to fight could easily be way off from just that for a ton of reasons.
Well, it's also not intended to be a comprehensive evaluation, merely a sign that they're clearly having an effect.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:14 am 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Fishman wrote:
. . .
aroduc wrote:
Well, it's also not intended to be a comprehensive evaluation, merely a sign that they're clearly having an effect.

Also, the fact that they have this data this fast tends to indicate that Sanctum Adroit really is that good . . .

By the time that the customer gets past this data, Sanctum Adroit should have more concrete data . . . for instance, crooks in cuffs . . .

--FreeFlier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:35 am 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Also, most importantly and I can't believe it slipped my mind, let's not forget that they were the only authorized law enforcement force in Haven Hive too, and that was the opposite of free from crime.
http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-07-29

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:34 pm 
Janitor
Janitor

aroduc wrote:
Also, most importantly and I can't believe it slipped my mind, let's not forget that they were the only authorized law enforcement force in Haven Hive too, and that was the opposite of free from crime.

That all depends on What The Laws Are and How They Are Enforced.

If the judicial system os a revolving door for criminals... it doesn't matter too much how good the cops are. Also... there is a very definite air of "We Hate This Job" coming off of both Murtaugh and the Colonel when they have to deal with Max Haluska.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:36 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

evileeyore wrote:
aroduc wrote:
That all depends on What The Laws Are and How They Are Enforced.

If the judicial system is a revolving door for criminals... it doesn't matter too much how good the cops are. Also... there is a very definite air of "We Hate This Job" coming off of both Murtaugh and the Colonel when they have to deal with Max Haluska.

Also, if the purpose of the criminal justice system is to eliminate competition with the officially sanctioned criminals . . .

--FreeFlier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:34 am 
Intern
Intern

aroduc wrote:

True, but they were also only contracted for specific habitats and processing facilities, rather than the entire thing.