The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:07 pm 
Intern
Intern

And coming up next: A quick reminder about not holding grudges against the entire species of the group that technically led to your death.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:11 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Esspererin do not intentionally infiltrate.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:50 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

They are here to be shared with :-)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:48 pm 
Janitor
Janitor

StClair wrote:
Esspererin do not intentionally infiltrate.

I don't geth it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:53 am 
Aquarium Exhibit
Aquarium Exhibit

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2016-07-29

How the fuck can the toughs be this stupid? congrats they have reached the level http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... DumbToLive

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:22 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

I thought espees that worked with outside tech were heretics and would eventually destroy themselves. So is this a heretic, or will its tech be completely incompatible with everyone else's?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:33 pm 
Aquarium Exhibit
Aquarium Exhibit

it's irrelevant if it's a heretic or not. They've had extreme trouble with both. To the point that they JUST finished a situation where just ONE espee was able to allow a sufficent force to teraport in to overwhelm them to the point that Tagon had to kill himself. before hiring an Espee, at a minimum thye should have referred the matter to Tagon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:53 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

sstabeler wrote:
it's irrelevant if it's a heretic or not. They've had extreme trouble with both. To the point that they JUST finished a situation where just ONE espee was able to allow a sufficent force to teraport in to overwhelm them to the point that Tagon had to kill himself. before hiring an Espee, at a minimum thye should have referred the matter to Tagon.

Why?

Seriously, the fact that they're amazing hackers means you want to hire some, assuming you have any reason to believe they'll be loyal. But that's a problem for all mercenary recruits, not just Espies. Any equipped soldier could have snuck a terraport cage on board. The Espies trick in the last arc was to hide in an object that didn't look like a cage or a person, but the basic risk is no different. And Tagon is not the head of the Toughs anymore, his dad is. Presumably this ran up the chain of command and was approved.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:36 pm 
Janitor
Janitor

The UNS has tried to kill them, erased and replaced their memories, and tried to blacklist them from almost day one.

Should the Toughs avoid ever hiring another human? Or refuse to work with the UNS in any capacity going forward?

How racist.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:28 pm 
Intern
Intern

evileeyore wrote:
The UNS has tried to kill them, erased and replaced their memories, and tried to blacklist them from almost day one.

Should the Toughs avoid ever hiring another human? Or refuse to work with the UNS in any capacity going forward?

How racist.

No, but if shortly after the dust settled you find that one of your recruits was a UNS official you'd be just as concerned.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:57 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

grahamf wrote:
evileeyore wrote:

How racist.

No, but if shortly after the dust settled you find that one of your recruits was a UNS official you'd be just as concerned.

That also happened.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:28 pm 
Intern
Intern

ExenTrik wrote:
grahamf wrote:
evileeyore wrote:

How racist.

That also happened.

And if i recall they were very concerned about that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:53 pm 
Janitor
Janitor

grahamf wrote:

Ah, but's that's political. Tagon is reacting due to racial bias at the moment. Not that I blame him.

grahamf wrote:
And if i recall they were very concerned about that.

Yes... but not so much that he refused to keep working with her.

We are talking about Para right? If we were talking about my beloved Jevee Ceeta I will admonish you that she "ain't done nothin wrong" (except steal my heart, sigh). And if we're talking about Kathryn Flinders... eh... I never did cotton to her much at all.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:06 am 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

evileeyore wrote:
Ah, but's that's political. Tagon is reacting due to racial bias at the moment. Not that I blame him.

Apparently it's less a criticism of the species as their inherent engineering methods. Which is fair, even if you trust the Esspererin in question you don't want savant tech around no on else can quite understand.

I'm calling it now though, there will be a critical situation where that esspies improbable technical abilities are called upon to save the day.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:01 pm 
Intern
Intern

ExenTrik wrote:
evileeyore wrote:

Apparently it's less a criticism of the species as their inherent engineering methods. Which is fair, even if you trust the Esspererin in question you don't want savant tech around no on else can quite understand.

I'm calling it now though, there will be a critical situation where that esspies improbable technical abilities are called upon to save the day.

Well, duh. You want the tech savants on your side, not the enemy's.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:26 pm 
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

grahamf wrote:
evileeyore wrote:

How racist.

No. That's not the same. At all. The original metaphor is better, though it would be more like not hiring any primates because of what the UNS did. Just because they're part of the same species, which they might not even be, doesn't mean they're all the same.