The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:09 pm 
Intern
Intern

Incidentally, does it count as a shoe drop when you though the shoe was just for decoration?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:58 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Can we go ONE WEEK without "Meanwhile, in the galactic core..."? Tune in next week folks!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:17 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

I don't know this seems pretty pertinent to the ongoing plot. I mean if a third party is about to attack Urtheep that's going set off quite a bit of chaos.

Looking at the timing it's just barely possible that the All-Star is doing this, but I don't think its them. I think we may be seeing a play from either the people who hacked Urtheep in the first place, or a UNS intelligence agency trying to collect more evidence.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:23 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Unlike the 'meanwhile...' strips, or at least as I recall them (which is poorly), I get the feeling all these threads are coming to a definite center point. That is, there's multiple apparently separate or barely related plot lines happening simultaneously that are all going to collide at some point in this arc.

Also, I think the crate is a Toughs op. Have we accounted for Elf's team yet?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:33 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Arcanestomper wrote:
I don't know this seems pretty pertinent to the ongoing plot. I mean if a third party is about to attack Urtheep that's going set off quite a bit of chaos.

Looking at the timing it's just barely possible that the All-Star is doing this, but I don't think its them. I think we may be seeing a play from either the people who hacked Urtheep in the first place, or a UNS intelligence agency trying to collect more evidence.

Personally, I think it's pretty likely that this is the All-Star's agents finally making their move. This plot doesn't need more involved parties.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:46 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

I guess it depends. If this is the robot specifically shipped back by the customer who called while Elf was in the office, then I think it would be too early for the All-Star to have launched it.

On the other hand if that call was just setting up the method of entry, then it could be either the All-Star or the Toughs. I doubt the Toughs only because they seem to have worked out at least a partial understanding with the Urtheep Hot Mess team. And inserting an assault squad covertly would seem to invalidate that.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:52 pm 
Janitor
Janitor

Arcanestomper wrote:
I guess it depends. If this is the robot specifically shipped back by the customer who called while Elf was in the office...

That call was part of Ennesby's phreak attack. It was set up solely to give Ennesby the time needed to do what was needed and was wrapped at exactly the right time.

I strongly suspect this is the All-Star's hacked Jozagle's Purse team.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:58 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

evileeyore wrote:
Arcanestomper wrote:
I guess it depends. If this is the robot specifically shipped back by the customer who called while Elf was in the office...

That call was part of Ennesby's phreak attack. It was set up solely to give Ennesby the time needed to do what was needed and was wrapped at exactly the right time.

I strongly suspect this is the All-Star's hacked Jozagle's Purse team.

Was it? Ennesby calls the CQ-101 call convenient, which suggests that it was a fortuitous coincidence that it occurred while Ennesby was hacking around in Urtheep.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:10 am 
Janitor
Janitor

Nemoricus wrote:
Was it? Ennesby calls the CQ-101 call convenient, which suggests that it was a fortuitous coincidence that it occurred while Ennesby was hacking around in Urtheep.

I'd forgotten that the CQ-101 was named in that call. so it was convenient after all.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:24 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

I know this is a big company and all, but how the hell does the Daggermother know about the long gun? Isn't that a civilization-ending secret?

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:07 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

That is a good question, and I can see three possibilities.

1. The Toughs included it's capabilities as part of their summary report. I have no idea why they would do that though. Maybe as an example of what the All-star is capable of I guess.
2. Urtheep is even more intertwined in the UNS military-industrial complex than we have seen so far. They may have helped on the UNS's design of the Long Gun or produced parts for them. Actually given that the head of Planet Mercenary is a Gzeaul they may just be a big armaments supplier for everyone.
3. Urtheep is intertwined in the Gzeaul military-industrial complex, and the Gzeaul have managed to acquire long guns of their own. In which case the whole MAD/End-of-the-Galaxy scenario is becoming more and more urgent.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:49 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

JohnSmith wrote:
I know this is a big company and all, but how the hell does the Daggermother know about the long gun? Isn't that a civilization-ending secret?

Tenzy is still an Urtheep asset.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:13 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

dire wrote:
JohnSmith wrote:

Tenzy is still an Urtheep asset.

... what? Tenzy is A) Not owned by Urtheep. B) Not inclined to give Urtheep anything. C) Removed from Urtheep's computers.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:44 am 
Entertainment
Entertainment

dire wrote:
JohnSmith wrote:

Tenzy is still an Urtheep asset liability.

Fify :D

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:27 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Re-reading, and:

Comic says, "Is everyone ready to engage?"

We've seen one big monster come out and fight.
So who got out unobserved, and what are they doing?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:52 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Given the general virtual nature of the All-Star I figured the robot was just a carrier for a bunch of virtual avatars. That would make it easier to pass through Urtheep's security scans. But I suppose it's possible there were some other physical units in there.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:59 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

I still think the robot is carrying modified versions of the Urtheep crew. Big distraction/little sneaky is a good theory though.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:59 pm 
Intern
Intern

Arcanestomper wrote:
Given the general virtual nature of the All-Star I figured the robot was just a carrier for a bunch of virtual avatars. That would make it easier to pass through Urtheep's security scans. But I suppose it's possible there were some other physical units in there.

So the robot is like a mini spaceship for VPs? Doe it have a virtual command deck and a virtual captian? Will we get to see those?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:22 am 
Janitor
Janitor

JohnSmith wrote:
I still think the robot is carrying modified versions of the Urtheep crew. Big distraction/little sneaky is a good theory though.

Exactly. When the wounded dock workers are being triaged and the unwounded ones are assisting and then a few unwounded slip away... that's when the real work beings.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:15 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

grahamf wrote:
Arcanestomper wrote:

So the robot is like a mini spaceship for VPs? Doe it have a virtual command deck and a virtual captian? Will we get to see those?

Dave? Is that you?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:28 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

keybounce wrote:
grahamf wrote:
Arcanestomper wrote:

Dave? Is that you?

Dave's not here, man.

" I gotta stop doing mathematics while sober."