The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:14 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Sorry, Peri, you're just not prepared to party right now. Should've brought protection!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:51 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

90 cent annie plant? Centimetres, or some other unit of measure?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:36 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Centimeter, yes.

Edit: ....which actually puts it at three feet. ...though that was a pretty big box, come to think.

Also, I think a clarification of orders should be made; unless you know you can be USEFUL, don't bother coming until you're dressed. You're just a liability otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:49 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

They need to have the rapid-reaction force set up the way firemen do . . . full dress except bunker coat and helmet, boots and all, then unfasten the boots, shrug the suspenders off, drop the bunker pants around the boots, step out of the boots.

Now if you have your underwear and socks on, step into the boots, pull the pants up, fasten boots, top with bunker coat on the way to the door, grab helmet and gloves and get them on on the way to the rig.

Properly prepared, you can go from underwear to fully dressed in under a minute.

Volunteers will frequently have the boots-and-pants combo set up sitting in their vehicle, then the volunteer sets the boots-and-pants down, kicks shoes off, steps into boots, pull up pants, snap/buckle boots and pull the coat on.

--FreeFlier

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:24 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Is anyone else confused about why the Cruiser hasn't already solved this with ship-to-ship weapons?

Last edited by Krennson on Tue May 09, 2017 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:53 am 
Janitor
Janitor

dire wrote:
Sorry, Peri, you're just not prepared to party right now. Should've brought protection!

If I'm correct dire, Peri is female.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:31 am 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

FreeFlier wrote:
Properly prepared, you can go from underwear to fully dressed in under a minute.
--FreeFlier

Yes, but they were only given 10 seconds. I'm sure they already do have similar methodology (at least tech-assisted) that minute-scale deployment times are feasible.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:30 am 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Krennson wrote:
Is anyone else confused about why the Cruiser hasn't already solved this with ship-to-ship weapons?
I think there's ship weaponry firing in the last frame, just above the gangplank. Perhaps the heavier stuff needs a little time to come online.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:49 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Firing STS weapons would probably breach the annie plant, which would kill all the civilians in the room in a cloud of expanding neutronium. They're shooting to disable, not kill everyone.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:11 am 
Aquarium Exhibit
Aquarium Exhibit

Kendrakirai wrote:
Centimeter, yes.

Edit: ....which actually puts it at three feet. ...though that was a pretty big box, come to think.

Also, I think a clarification of orders should be made; unless you know you can be USEFUL, don't bother coming until you're dressed. You're just a liability otherwise.

Peri's got a sniper rifle and is both under physical cover and should be under the ship's shield umbrella.

Also, the presence of immortality treatments and backups may lead to more cavalier attitudes about safety.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:46 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

evileeyore wrote:
dire wrote:

You may well be correct, EE, but in the 5/8 comic Peri lacks the usual abundant female anatomy that a human would be able to display. With no physical cues to go off, I'm not willing to go archive diving to see if either a) this character was ever actually introduced (maybe teaching that other fobottr grip speak?) b) what their gender was at the time.

So I guess that's a gender-neutral "his" up in the title thar. Cue feminist rage.
Q99 wrote:
Kendrakirai wrote:
Centimeter, yes.

Peri's got a sniper rifle and is both under physical cover and should be under the ship's shield umbrella.

Also, the presence of immortality treatments and backups may lead to more cavalier attitudes about safety.

Peri's sniper rifle will be extra-useful just as soon as they find an annie plant with enough finesse to play "breacher" without splattering Peri in the process. Which, unfortunately, probably rules out everything in Cindy's arsenal.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:17 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

dire wrote:
Peri's sniper rifle will be extra-useful just as soon as they find an annie plant with enough finesse to play "breacher" without splattering Peri in the process. Which, unfortunately, probably rules out everything in Cindy's arsenal.

I wouldn't count out Cindy's arsenal yet--Peri may have the backup (s)he needs.

" I gotta stop doing mathematics while sober."

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:44 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

evileeyore wrote:
dire wrote:

That's my understanding, too.
This isn't Star Trek. Not all the green skinned, blue skinned, or pointed-eared (and green blooded), women have two fat sacks behind their mammaries.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:57 pm 
Janitor
Janitor

dire wrote:
I'm not willing to go archive diving to see if either a) this character was ever actually introduced (maybe teaching that other fobottr grip speak?) b) what their gender was at the time.

Peri is first seen (but not introduced) with the other Fobott'r that were from SanctAd. Peri is the last one on the right, the tallest Fobott'r (and the only one with dark skin and a green mohawk).

As the the line up goes Andi-Sami-Male*-Female*-???*-Peri*... I just continued the pattern and figure it finished Male-Female.

* Andi and Sam are the only ones whose sex we know. However, the next two in line look like they follow Andi and Sam's pattern, the left one looks male, the right one female. The one to the left of Peri also appears to me to be Male (it's the jawline I've been looking at)... but then Peri also has a 'masculine' jawline... so I could be barking up the wrong tree.

Quote:
So I guess that's a gender-neutral "his" up in the title thar. Cue feminist rage.

I'm cool with it.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:16 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

evileeyore wrote:
Quote:

I'm cool with it.

It's a burden we all bear from time to time.

" I gotta stop doing mathematics while sober."