The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:42 am 
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

So Maxim 20 has just been foreshadowed, but who is calling the shots here?

Arcanestomper wrote:
Actually considering this whole conversation I'm going to put out a crazy theory. The whole Ot-Skadak hacking is just misdirection. Another layer of diversion to maneuver the Toughs into position.

The real hack was way back when Neeka was picking through the robots brain matter. Her spreading her internals into the ship's trash system was the second stage. And the infiltrators are finally gaining control, or choosing to exert it.

I like this theory better because it both gives them a longer timeframe to conduct the hack, as well as physical access rather than the supposed wireless hacking of the Ot-Skadat.
Pulling this out of the other thread to allow John and Eeyore to keep debating their positions.

I'm tempted to take this further, neither the Ot-Skadak nor Neeka have been suborned, but Tagon has. Not by brain hack, but by social engineering by the AllStar team. He and the Daggermother have been guided to believing the AllStar can hack anything by the events, and a well-timed jamming of all signals to cut off a response from the bosun has lead them to take on the only unhackable defenses they had left.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:07 am 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.
20. If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:26 am 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Bruce the Loon wrote:
So Maxim 20 has just been foreshadowed, but who is calling the shots here?

Arcanestomper wrote:
Actually considering this whole conversation I'm going to put out a crazy theory. The whole Ot-Skadak hacking is just misdirection. Another layer of diversion to maneuver the Toughs into position.

The real hack was way back when Neeka was picking through the robots brain matter. Her spreading her internals into the ship's trash system was the second stage. And the infiltrators are finally gaining control, or choosing to exert it.

I like this theory better because it both gives them a longer timeframe to conduct the hack, as well as physical access rather than the supposed wireless hacking of the Ot-Skadat.
Pulling this out of the other thread to allow John and Eeyore to keep debating their positions.

I'm tempted to take this further, neither the Ot-Skadak nor Neeka have been suborned, but Tagon has. Not by brain hack, but by social engineering by the AllStar team. He and the Daggermother have been guided to believing the AllStar can hack anything by the events, and a well-timed jamming of all signals to cut off a response from the bosun has lead them to take on the only unhackable defenses they had left.

I'd call that a best-case scenario.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:35 am 
Janitor
Janitor

sotanaht wrote:
I'd call that a best-case scenario.

Agreed... but so very unlikely.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:11 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Well the infiltrators just got Tagon and crew to get rid of the Ok-Skadat warriors. Whether it was clever social engineering or outright hacking they managed to neutralize those reinforcements at basically no cost to themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:37 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

"These may be sufficient tow in the day if the hive's comms are jammed."
Is the jamming an unfortunate side-effect of disrupting the communication between Tagon and Cindy or did the jammer actually want to disrupt the hive and possibly the propagation of the virus towards Eina-Afa? If it's the latter, could it be that Putzho has arrived?