The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:05 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Using urtheep for manufacturing? Thats... Scary. But if they are trying to kill civilization. Just ask petey to send a extortionator class, saving all civilization is kinda his thing. That takes none of his saving the galaxy power and it can decimate everything the saboteurs can make.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:13 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

It's a scary possibility, but I think we can safely say that the Toughs' predictions are firmly on the catastrophic side, and are likely much, much worse than what the All-Star's infiltrators are actually trying to do.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:28 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

I kinda feel like my most recent guess was spot on.

Make a big deal about how dangerous you are, and eventually people will stop trying to preserve the data and just nuke everything from orbit. Mission success, and nobody wants to bother you, ever again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:47 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

I agree that the Tough's are being kind of paranoid here, and that it's unlikely that the infiltrators are actually planning this. But I have to say. If they actually believe a galaxy wide robot war is a possibility now is the time to call for reinforcements. Either from Petey and his giant warships or Chinook and her long guns. Shoot even the UNS, or the military of the race that owns Urtheep.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Warior4356 wrote:
Using urtheep for manufacturing? Thats... Scary. But if they are trying to kill civilization. Just ask petey to send a extortionator class, saving all civilization is kinda his thing. That takes none of his saving the galaxy power and it can decimate everything the saboteurs can make.

Ever since Petey gained super-godlide power he's become very stupid in regards to doing anything that doesn't involve using over-the-top godlike power. He could have done lots of things in the whole "Kevyn gets kidnapped by the mob" storyline, for example, which wouldn't have taken any more energy than normal, but because he didn't dare use his TAD-breaking ability he decided he was completely crippled in every way besides just communcating. He has grown more and more fond of just using brute force rather than thinking his way out of problems as time has gone by. Which sucks because he used to be extremely inventive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:32 pm 
Janitor
Janitor

Arcanestomper wrote:
I agree that the Tough's are being kind of paranoid here...

"Kinda"

More like "all the paranoid ever".

Random Wanderer wrote:
Ever since Petey gained super-godlide power he's become very stupid in regards to doing anything that doesn't involve using over-the-top godlike power. He could have done lots of things in the whole "Kevyn gets kidnapped by the mob" storyline...

You mean like using his other resource, money? That thing he did?

My only grouse is that if he was able to hack past their comm firewall to talk at the crazy mob lady why he couldn't also hack their TAD codes. But eh... I can't be arsed to get upset about that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:59 pm 
Aquarium Exhibit
Aquarium Exhibit

Here's the most pertinent question though: what retirement plans aren't wrecked by the robot apocolipse?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:10 am 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Random Wanderer wrote:
Warior4356 wrote:

Ever since Petey gained super-godlide power he's become very stupid in regards to doing anything that doesn't involve using over-the-top godlike power. He could have done lots of things in the whole "Kevyn gets kidnapped by the mob" storyline, for example, which wouldn't have taken any more energy than normal, but because he didn't dare use his TAD-breaking ability he decided he was completely crippled in every way besides just communcating. He has grown more and more fond of just using brute force rather than thinking his way out of problems as time has gone by. Which sucks because he used to be extremely inventive.

He also did not want to take an overt military action in the sol system. Which is logical.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:52 am 
Janitor
Janitor

robertmw wrote:
Here's the most pertinent question though: what retirement plans aren't wrecked by the robot apocolipse?

Death.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:09 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

robertmw wrote:
Grab a small self-sustaining habitat and prepare for an eternity away from... everything. AKA: Build your own All-Star.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:19 pm 
Janitor
Janitor

Cifer wrote:
Grab a small self-sustaining habitat and prepare for an eternity away from... everything. AKA: Build your own All-Star.

They too will die. Death is the final retirement package everyone gets.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:38 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Warior4356 wrote:
Random Wanderer wrote:
Warior4356 wrote:

He also did not want to take an overt military action in the sol system. Which is logical.

I was actually under the impression that he is so hard pressed in Andromeda that any redirection of military assets away from the war would cost lives, possibly entire species. He can redirect money, which he did, but things like warships and computing power are tied up in the war. Either directly in fighting or in the logistics of keeping his war machine running.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:06 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Run the numbers pete, if this goes hot a lot more people will die that what you lose for one ship from Andromeda. Hell. He could teleport one of his cites into orbit and lay waste. The annie plants on those are massive. Plus I find it hard to believe he cant spare a single ship, for a good enough cause.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:56 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Warior4356 wrote:
Run the numbers pete, if this goes hot a lot more people will die that what you lose for one ship from Andromeda. Hell. He could teleport one of his cites into orbit and lay waste. The annie plants on those are massive. Plus I find it hard to believe he cant spare a single ship, for a good enough cause.

We were talking about the mafia abducting Kevyn and Petey's response to it. In which case one life is not more important than entire species.

We have not yet seen how he would respond to the infiltrators. He may not even be aware of the entire situation depending on how closely he keeps track of the Toughs.

Also I'm inclined to believe that Petey would be a bit less alarmist about this than Ennesby.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:18 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

True but if they agree on a long gun level response pete can dwarf a battle plate with one ship.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:05 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

robertmw wrote:

Being uploaded into a sentient AI body?