The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:36 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Apparently their defeat was just a defeat in stage two, the primary was already accomplished.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:21 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Actually I think the infiltrators managed a perfect execution of their plans. Apparently they managed to flawlessly infiltrate the data vault, and the rest of it was just a giant distraction gambit to convince the allstar to send Putzho out into the galaxy. Sure they ended up in stasis bottles, but being stored is better than being deleted. From a different point of view its just a variant extraction method. Putzho will probably let them out eventually.

Shoot I bet even Urtheep came out of this ahead. Sure it's a ruined system. But it's a ruined system with a the refined material from a stellar enclosure. Even if it's just a fraction of the total that's a huge amount of material. Not only refined, but in easy chunks for mining. It's even better than the world forge which has to be blasted apart.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:07 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Arcanestomper wrote:
Actually I think the infiltrators managed a perfect execution of their plans. Apparently they managed to flawlessly infiltrate the data vault, and the rest of it was just a giant distraction gambit to convince the allstar to send Putzho out into the galaxy. Sure they ended up in stasis bottles, but being stored is better than being deleted. From a different point of view its just a variant extraction method. Putzho will probably let them out eventually.

Shoot I bet even Urtheep came out of this ahead. Sure it's a ruined system. But it's a ruined system with a the refined material from a stellar enclosure. Even if it's just a fraction of the total that's a huge amount of material. Not only refined, but in easy chunks for mining. It's even better than the world forge which has to be blasted apart.

That's probably part of why the Daggermother is convinced she was being sent a message. Why give her a USEFUL location when the galaxy is mostly empty space and most red-dwarfs are useless?

Hahaha, we got to your data vaults doesn't need to give her a system with a ruined enclosure, and even if you have a ruined enclosure lying around, it's a valuable resource, giving it away has to be for a purpose.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:45 am 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

I thought the "message" was that the All-star keeps its location/existence secret in order to not be destroyed.

"This is what happened to us last time our existence and location were known. Please don't seek us out."

Not that it couldn't be combined with "here's a little something for you if you keep quiet". Maybe with enough riches, Urtheep would much less inclined to do more artifact hunting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:10 am 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

I would buy the bribe plus warning theory.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:00 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

All in all, the only casualties were the hive-mind nodes, which may have been uploaded. But then, if they were uploaded, how would they have extracted them?

Poor hive-mind nodes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:39 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Can we hope that Putzho will clean them up and try and rebuild their brains? Or will they simply never be mentioned again? One would expect him to have WAY better brain scanning tech than galciv at large.