The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:13 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

I love how Tagon is not angry because of failed negotiations, rather because he needs to adjust his battle plan. He clearly wanted an excuse to blast UPA out of the sky anyway, just, you know, without additional hassle of reworking the battleplan.

Even better, they don't need to humour this threat. Peri poses as their employer, but they don't have to fulfil requests too unreasonable, I suspect that Tagon actually wants to see this threat fulfilled.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:21 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

I think it might be more accurate to say Tagon had no faith this wasn't going to end in shooting. He's pretty cynical that way.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the TOE gate is going to be involved in this. Instead of simply nuking the ships and being done with it (and drawing the ire of the actual navy) I think they're going to run a police action. Board, possibly rip the arms off that shiplord, and deliver a load of criminals to the navy intact. "They were shooting at us, here's the footage. I'm sure there's rules against that somewhere."

Or maybe take over the annoying ships so they can't shoot, but masquerade as the UPA until it's time to leave.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:28 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

JohnSmith wrote:
I think it might be more accurate to say Tagon had no faith this wasn't going to end in shooting. He's pretty cynical that way.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the TOE gate is going to be involved in this. Instead of simply nuking the ships and being done with it (and drawing the ire of the actual navy) I think they're going to run a police action. Board, possibly rip the arms off that shiplord, and deliver a load of criminals to the navy intact. "They were shooting at us, here's the footage. I'm sure there's rules against that somewhere."

Or maybe take over the annoying ships so they can't shoot, but masquerade as the UPA until it's time to leave.

Are you suggesting that between books, Kevyn had an off-screen chat with Putzho about certain special teraport cage? Or you just mean that they outgun UPA enough to pack beachhead gate into missile and deliver it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:31 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

M[i]ech wrote:
JohnSmith wrote:

Are you suggesting that between books, Kevyn had an off-screen chat with Putzho about certain special teraport cage? Or you just mean that they outgun UPA enough to pack beachhead gate into missile and deliver it?

The latter, though now that Kevyn knows that it's possible to build the autotuning gate I'm sure he's halfway to building one. He has a second lab, you know.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:55 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

The TOE stands for tune on entry. Which sounds pretty much like what Putzho was doing. So I certainly expect that it can be used in boarding actions. Though admittedly the gate as it was shown didn't look capable of being shot into ships. Maybe it packs up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:00 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Point. But yeah, it doesn't look like something you'd put in a breacher.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:10 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Didn't Petey perfect the concept of missile-based teraport cages years ago?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:43 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Sshh, the second lab is a secret.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:50 pm 
Janitor
Janitor

M[i]ech wrote:
Even better, they don't need to humour this threat. Peri poses as their employer, but they don't have to fulfil requests too unreasonable, I suspect that Tagon actually wants to see this threat fulfilled.

Oh yes, in the back of Kaff's mind there is a little voice saying "It's not a speeding train we get to shoot, but this is going to be so much fun! And the little twerphole really deserves it. It's like getting paid twice!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:18 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

evileeyore wrote:
M[i]ech wrote:

Oh yes, in the back of Kaff's mind there is a little voice saying "It's not a speeding train we get to shoot, but this is going to be so much fun! And the little twerphole really deserves it. It's like getting paid twice!"

On the other hand Kaff hates spending ammo that is not being paid for. I wonder what plan A was that did not involve the survival of Srabben or his ships.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:29 pm 
Intern
Intern

I hope they simply pop out a fleet they were hiding in plain sight and surround the bastards.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:01 am 
Intern
Intern

M[i]ech wrote:
I love how Tagon is not angry because of failed negotiations, rather because he needs to adjust his battle plan. He clearly wanted an excuse to blast UPA out of the sky anyway, just, you know, without additional hassle of reworking the battleplan.
I'm not sure he's really-angry, so much as just putting an act of being angry to show what ANGRY looks like. But now he has to adjust the plan so the guy in question can survive to have his arms ripped off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:41 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Zeus67 wrote:
On the other hand Kaff hates spending ammo that is not being paid for. I wonder what plan A was that did not involve the survival of Srabben or his ships.

Gravy guns use no ammo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:02 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Barmaglot wrote:
Zeus67 wrote:

Gravy guns use no ammo.

Dead Uuplech swish no tails?

I'll grab my coat.... ;)

" I gotta stop doing mathematics while sober."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:59 pm 
Janitor
Janitor

Barmaglot wrote:
Gravy guns use no ammo.

Just bullets fired from a gun, you can't unpour the gravy.