The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:08 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Yeah, Iafa might be old, but (He? She?) is definitely not a military mind. They've had problems with that before. Tagon IS good at what he does though.

Wonder if I'm imagining Chinook being annoyed with Putzho? Might be annoying to have somebody suddenly added to the pantheon.

I still love Putzho, though. He's always so excited about things.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:11 pm 
Intern
Intern

I think she feels outclassed bu him?

Also I feel like singing "Be our guest"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:20 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

JohnSmith wrote:
Wonder if I'm imagining Chinook being annoyed with Putzho?

Maybe, certainly annoyed at suggestion that Kaff might be actually good at something.

EDIT: BTW, now we know that EW capability comes courtesy of Breath Weapon and it's piloting AI.

EDIT2: I just realised that Putzho is the only of the trio who doesn't have military experience/training/programming/whatever.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:07 pm 
Intern
Intern

M[i]ech wrote:
JohnSmith wrote:

Maybe, certainly annoyed at suggestion that Kaff might be actually good at something.

EDIT: BTW, now we know that EW capability comes courtesy of Breath Weapon and it's piloting AI.

EDIT2: I just realised that Putzho is the only of the trio who doesn't have military experience/training/programming/whatever.

In sure he does, but with the other two they were born for/with it while he got a patch which didn't include personality modifications.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:50 am 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

ANYONE would be annoyed with the way he made his entrance this time. Meatframes or no that was a REALLY stupid question to ask of a pair of hyper-intelligent AIs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:00 am 
Janitor
Janitor

M[i]ech wrote:

Well, he was chosen to be a part of a spec-ops mission. So presumably he has some Intelligence training. Even if it's only "keep your lip zipped".

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:32 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

It looks like we are going to miss how the TOEs are installed in Shiplord Srabben's flagship. :(

I also love how gracious a hostess Chinook is. She brought comfortable seating, snacks, drinks and a very large monitor to see the action better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:32 pm 
Janitor
Janitor

Zeus67 wrote:
I also love how gracious a hostess Chinook is. She brought comfortable seating, snacks, drinks and a very large monitor to see the action better.

She is a right and proper Goddess.

Any one else a bit concerned this "goddess" act might go to her crazy little head?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:50 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

grahamf wrote:
M[i]ech wrote:
JohnSmith wrote:

In sure he does, but with the other two they were born for/with it while he got a patch which didn't include personality modifications.

evileeyore wrote:
M[i]ech wrote:

Well, he was chosen to be a part of a spec-ops mission. So presumably he has some Intelligence training. Even if it's only "keep your lip zipped".

Intel is not the same as tactics, strategy and logictis. What I meant that in first panels we see two former warship AIs, both very capable tacticians and strategists in their own right, comment on Iafa's performance. I suspect that Putzho simply isn't able to pierce what is visible and reach underlying assumptions, evaluations and hidden threats the way they can (we, the viewers, get a backstage pass), he probably expects to have subtler parts of what's going on explained to him.

evileeyore wrote:
Zeus67 wrote:

Any one else a bit concerned this "goddess" act might go to her crazy little head?

Now that you mention it, I kind of feel like it has started already.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:51 pm 
Intern
Intern

Mech wrote:
evileeyore wrote:
Zeus67 wrote:

I think it's technically justified. She is the core for a technocracy after all, and if she didn't start changing to become more of a identifiable person that would be pretty concerning. She [i]IS the government, she NEEDS to have presence and a personality.

This is a good thing. It shows that she has been contemplating her position and learning it's privileges and restrictions.

Last edited by grahamf on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:53 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Miech wrote:
evileeyore wrote:
Zeus67 wrote:

That would be a problem if she wasn't actually a goddess. Well, within her domain, at least. I believe that makes her a genius loci.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:57 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

She can reach out and smite anybody she knows exists. Also, she's kinda crazy. Seems godlike to me!