The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:08 pm 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:54 am
Posts: 750
Yeah, Iafa might be old, but (He? She?) is definitely not a military mind. They've had problems with that before. Tagon IS good at what he does though.

Wonder if I'm imagining Chinook being annoyed with Putzho? Might be annoying to have somebody suddenly added to the pantheon.

I still love Putzho, though. He's always so excited about things.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:11 pm 
Offline
Intern
Intern
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:52 pm
Posts: 1128
I think she feels outclassed bu him?

Also I feel like singing "Be our guest"

_________________
If you need to use a squeegee, they're probably at least Laz-4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:20 pm 
Offline
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:35 pm
Posts: 314
Location: Nebulae beyond Gamma Draconis
JohnSmith wrote:
Wonder if I'm imagining Chinook being annoyed with Putzho?

Maybe, certainly annoyed at suggestion that Kaff might be actually good at something.

EDIT: BTW, now we know that EW capability comes courtesy of Breath Weapon and it's piloting AI.

EDIT2: I just realised that Putzho is the only of the trio who doesn't have military experience/training/programming/whatever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:07 pm 
Offline
Intern
Intern
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:52 pm
Posts: 1128
M[i]ech wrote:
JohnSmith wrote:
Wonder if I'm imagining Chinook being annoyed with Putzho?

Maybe, certainly annoyed at suggestion that Kaff might be actually good at something.

EDIT: BTW, now we know that EW capability comes courtesy of Breath Weapon and it's piloting AI.

EDIT2: I just realised that Putzho is the only of the trio who doesn't have military experience/training/programming/whatever.

In sure he does, but with the other two they were born for/with it while he got a patch which didn't include personality modifications.

_________________
If you need to use a squeegee, they're probably at least Laz-4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:50 am 
Offline
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 337
ANYONE would be annoyed with the way he made his entrance this time. Meatframes or no that was a REALLY stupid question to ask of a pair of hyper-intelligent AIs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:00 am 
Offline
Janitor
Janitor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:44 pm
Posts: 2344
M[i]ech wrote:
EDIT2: I just realised that Putzho is the only of the trio who doesn't have military experience/training/programming/whatever.

Well, he was chosen to be a part of a spec-ops mission. So presumably he has some Intelligence training. Even if it's only "keep your lip zipped".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:07 am
Posts: 131
It looks like we are going to miss how the TOEs are installed in Shiplord Srabben's flagship. :(

I also love how gracious a hostess Chinook is. She brought comfortable seating, snacks, drinks and a very large monitor to see the action better.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:32 pm 
Offline
Janitor
Janitor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:44 pm
Posts: 2344
Zeus67 wrote:
I also love how gracious a hostess Chinook is. She brought comfortable seating, snacks, drinks and a very large monitor to see the action better.

She is a right and proper Goddess.


Any one else a bit concerned this "goddess" act might go to her crazy little head?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:35 pm
Posts: 314
Location: Nebulae beyond Gamma Draconis
grahamf wrote:
M[i]ech wrote:
JohnSmith wrote:
Wonder if I'm imagining Chinook being annoyed with Putzho?

Maybe, certainly annoyed at suggestion that Kaff might be actually good at something.

EDIT: BTW, now we know that EW capability comes courtesy of Breath Weapon and it's piloting AI.

EDIT2: I just realised that Putzho is the only of the trio who doesn't have military experience/training/programming/whatever.

In sure he does, but with the other two they were born for/with it while he got a patch which didn't include personality modifications.

evileeyore wrote:
M[i]ech wrote:
EDIT2: I just realised that Putzho is the only of the trio who doesn't have military experience/training/programming/whatever.

Well, he was chosen to be a part of a spec-ops mission. So presumably he has some Intelligence training. Even if it's only "keep your lip zipped".


Intel is not the same as tactics, strategy and logictis. What I meant that in first panels we see two former warship AIs, both very capable tacticians and strategists in their own right, comment on Iafa's performance. I suspect that Putzho simply isn't able to pierce what is visible and reach underlying assumptions, evaluations and hidden threats the way they can (we, the viewers, get a backstage pass), he probably expects to have subtler parts of what's going on explained to him.

evileeyore wrote:
Zeus67 wrote:
I also love how gracious a hostess Chinook is. She brought comfortable seating, snacks, drinks and a very large monitor to see the action better.

Any one else a bit concerned this "goddess" act might go to her crazy little head?


Now that you mention it, I kind of feel like it has started already.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:51 pm 
Offline
Intern
Intern
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:52 pm
Posts: 1128
Mech wrote:
evileeyore wrote:
Zeus67 wrote:
I also love how gracious a hostess Chinook is. She brought comfortable seating, snacks, drinks and a very large monitor to see the action better.

Any one else a bit concerned this "goddess" act might go to her crazy little head?


Now that you mention it, I kind of feel like it has started already.

I think it's technically justified. She is the core for a technocracy after all, and if she didn't start changing to become more of a identifiable person that would be pretty concerning. She [i]IS the government, she NEEDS to have presence and a personality.

This is a good thing. It shows that she has been contemplating her position and learning it's privileges and restrictions.

_________________
If you need to use a squeegee, they're probably at least Laz-4


Last edited by grahamf on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:02 am
Posts: 714
Miech wrote:
evileeyore wrote:
Zeus67 wrote:
I also love how gracious a hostess Chinook is. She brought comfortable seating, snacks, drinks and a very large monitor to see the action better.

Any one else a bit concerned this "goddess" act might go to her crazy little head?


Now that you mention it, I kind of feel like it has started already.

That would be a problem if she wasn't actually a goddess. Well, within her domain, at least. I believe that makes her a genius loci.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:57 pm 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:54 am
Posts: 750
She can reach out and smite anybody she knows exists. Also, she's kinda crazy. Seems godlike to me!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grashtel and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group