All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:04 pm 
Intern
Intern

At least she's back in the mood again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:06 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Well, what was it? "Enthusiastically repurposed freighter?" And the shiplord has the... whatever it's called?
Sounds like a case of hijacking and murder, not buying a ship that didn't quite fit you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:21 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Of course it is Fobott'r ship. I have no idea why I din't expect it from the start. I guess Howard is planning something special, shi"p"lord is repulsive.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:41 pm 
Aquarium Exhibit
Aquarium Exhibit

First Elf rushed headlong into an enemy ship without any other Toughs just to show off the new toys. Now she is jeopardizing the one legal loophole they can abuse, to justify their presence in the system, by addressing the "acting commodore" as "corporal" while standing right next to the helm-kitty. What's up with that?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:05 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Obviously in the Toughs "corporal" is an officer level slot. As proof, Para was promoted from lieutenant to corporal. QED

In all seriousness though the Toughs really should have worked out some form of address in case they have to talk to each other in front of people. It isn't just the cocky shiplord, it's a whole bunch of people that are goobered that are hearing this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:18 am 
Carnie
Carnie

Don't see any problems.

Schlock once hired the Toughs for an eyeball run, so Corp Peri hired them for a freezer run. Same thing really.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:19 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

mrvulture wrote:
Obviously in the Toughs "corporal" is an officer level slot. As proof, Para was promoted from lieutenant to corporal. QED

In all seriousness though the Toughs really should have worked out some form of address in case they have to talk to each other in front of people. It isn't just the cocky shiplord, it's a whole bunch of people that are goobered that are hearing this.

Private sector hierarchy is weird.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:54 am 
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

[quote="JohnSmith"]Well, what was it? "Enthusiastically repurposed freighter?" And the shiplord has the... whatever it's called?
Sounds like a case of hijacking and murder, not buying a ship that didn't quite fit you.[/quote

In a human, obliviousness on this level would call for Autism or being a sociopath.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:17 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

rwstyles wrote:
In a human, obliviousness on this level would call for Autism or being a sociopath.

Err... what?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:01 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

JohnSmith wrote:
rwstyles wrote:

Err... what?

I think he's referring to the shiplord's callousness regarding "foreigners."

" I gotta stop doing mathematics while sober."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:58 pm 
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

Black Sheep wrote:
JohnSmith wrote:
rwstyles wrote:

Err... what?

I think he's referring to the shiplord's callousness regarding "foreigners."

I was actually referring to the shiplord's ability to anger large heavily armed people.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:08 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Aratan wrote:
First Elf rushed headlong into an enemy ship without any other Toughs just to show off the new toys. Now she is jeopardizing the one legal loophole they can abuse, to justify their presence in the system, by addressing the "acting commodore" as "corporal" while standing right next to the helm-kitty. What's up with that?

Dealt with.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:57 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

M[i]ech wrote:
mrvulture wrote:

Private sector hierarchy is weird.

So, sometimes, is military hierarchy.

A safety officer can give orders that are binding on EVERYONE, and is often an enlisted man. But he can shut down an airbase or missile test completely and can't be overridden.

One of my friends was once an Army captain, with an Army major as one of his direct subordinates (because they promoted the subordinate and didn't get around to transferring him till his regular rotation was up).

All that said, Corporal is not the thing you want to call Peri at this time. You can explain it, but the best solution is to not have to explain it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:14 am 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Hmm, I wonder if they actually put a fake Marshall rank on their roster that could actually give to Peri.