The Nightstar Zoo
http://zoo.nightstar.net/

December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!
http://zoo.nightstar.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21094
Page 1 of 1

Author:  evileeyore [ Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

Oy, it tells us the shooter doesn't know Unioc biology... and the Captain here doesn't understand why you'd shot someone in the head.

Author:  JohnSmith [ Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

I suspect he might just not know what the pelvic cradle is.

I will be very sad if the captain's ignorance of alien biology is foreshadowing that he's the culprit.

Author:  Fishman [ Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

The Captain can't be the culprit, he has an alibi, they weren't even on the scene yet at the time this occurred. I suspect his ignorance just stems from him being the typical PHB.

Author:  Random Wanderer [ Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

It tells us you're fairly stupid, captain... or at least acting like it. It also tells us that the shooter/s is/are ignorant of Unioc biology, and (with a minor leap of logic) may be ignorant xenophobes who are deliberately ignorant of it (ie: some of the residents of that solar system).

Author:  Fishman [ Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

To be fair, the Credomar Sniper didn't know that particular thing, either.

Author:  grahamf [ Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

Fishman wrote:
To be fair, the Credomar Sniper didn't know that particular thing, either.

The Sniper was a good sniper, but was hired by a government that the Tough's had no problems toppling and installing an AI overlord.

Author:  stonefish [ Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

That's Mr Sniper to you.

Author:  JohnSmith [ Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

Why on earth would the captain be stupid for being ignorant of alien biology? If you mean "pelvic cradle" I'm willing to bet most of the people in the coffee shop around me wouldn't know, either.

Author:  Random Wanderer [ Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

It's not that he's stupid for being ignorant of Unioc biology. It's that he's stupid for being told that detail of Unioc biology and still not understanding why it matters.

Author:  rwstyles [ Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

This is confusing. This is the same person they pulled the arms off of?

He is acting somewhat reasonable now, seems out of character. Not very bright, but reasonable.

I suppose that having one's arms pulled off might do that.

Author:  Barmaglot [ Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

rwstyles wrote:
This is confusing. This is the same person they pulled the arms off of?

He is acting somewhat reasonable now, seems out of character. Not very bright, but reasonable.

I suppose that having one's arms pulled off might do that.


No, the disarmed cat was Shiplord Srabben, late of Soulward Honor, flagship of Uuplechan Patriot Armada. This is Captain Kaepu, commanding the construction vessel Gruul's Legacy, where Vicki Gugro is trying to save as many lives as possible.

Author:  sotanaht [ Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

JohnSmith wrote:
Why on earth would the captain be stupid for being ignorant of alien biology? If you mean "pelvic cradle" I'm willing to bet most of the people in the coffee shop around me wouldn't know, either.

I wouldn't think too highly of those people, either.

Personally, I've never heard the term "pelvic cradle" outside of this comic. I do know what a pelvis is though, and can make the logical leap as to what the "cradle" part is referring to. Even if by some chance you aren't too sure about what a pelvis is, you should be very easily be able to make the logical conclusion that it is NOT in your head/skull. Anyone who can't reach that conclusion one way or another is an idiot, no sugarcoating it.

Given their external anatomy, both of these species has something like a pelvis and both has something like a skull, and neither are related to the other, so there's no excuse for not being able to realize that "brain in the pelvic cradle" means "brain not in the top-part where the bullet went in".

Author:  Reaver225 [ Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

Kneeing uniocs in the crotch might actually concuss them or kill em, I suddenly imagine.

Also, it stinks to me that the captain is deliberately being dumb to make the doctor go away and stop pushing for the mercs to get there. Really does sound complicit.

Author:  Black Sheep [ Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

Reaver225 wrote:
Kneeing uniocs in the crotch might actually concuss them or kill em, I suddenly imagine.

Also, it stinks to me that the captain is deliberately being dumb to make the doctor go away and stop pushing for the mercs to get there. Really does sound complicit.

I get the feeling that he is not complicit. Parochial, yes. Ignorant of other species (seems to be a common thing amongst the Uuplechan), yes. A bit of an idiot, perhaps. But we don't have any real indicator that he's complicit.

Author:  grahamf [ Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

Those winged ear aliens at the librarian were also pretty slow on the uptake, sot it might just be another point on the spectrum of intelligence and education in a diverse galaxy.

Or it may just be stress, and he doesn't give a flying fuck if Uniocs hide their brains in their ass because he is dealing with the prospect of discovering a xenocidal conspiracy

Author:  FreeFlier [ Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

grahamf wrote:
Those winged ear aliens at the librarian were also pretty slow on the uptake, sot it might just be another point on the spectrum of intelligence and education in a diverse galaxy.

Or it may just be stress, and he doesn't give a flying fuck if Uniocs hide their brains in their ass because he is dealing with the prospect of discovering a xenocidal conspiracy

A xenocidal conspiracy that he may sympathize with . . . but would prefer to not know about until it's succeeded, when he can arrest the perps (or execute) and wring his hands about having no idea . . .

. . .

Cynical? Moi?

--FreeFlier

Author:  Sean [ Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

FreeFlier wrote:
grahamf wrote:
Those winged ear aliens at the librarian were also pretty slow on the uptake, sot it might just be another point on the spectrum of intelligence and education in a diverse galaxy.

Or it may just be stress, and he doesn't give a flying fuck if Uniocs hide their brains in their ass because he is dealing with the prospect of discovering a xenocidal conspiracy

A xenocidal conspiracy that he may sympathize with . . . but would prefer to not know about until it's succeeded, when he can arrest the perps (or execute) and wring his hands about having no idea . . .

. . .

Cynical? Moi?

--FreeFlier


Very, considering he's willing to have a non-Uuplechan as his medical officer.
What he has shown is an unwillingness to put his neck on the line by taking politically unpopular actions. Non unreasonable, considering the implication that Bad Things have happened to those who have, including the captains of the last six times.
http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2017-10-07

Author:  jmaechtlen [ Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: December 13, 2017 I Know Nussink!

Ah, yes - another clue as to how screwed up the upplecats really are.
ah, well...

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/