The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:03 pm 
Offline
Concession Worker
Concession Worker
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:52 pm
Posts: 1302
I don't think anyone's done the big head thing yet.

_________________
Rule of thumb is that if you need to use a squeegee, they're at least Laz-4.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:16 pm 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:54 am
Posts: 845
So, anybody want to run the odds that Phutzo is actually dead?

Kinda weird to say she killed him if she just nuked his drone, kinda weird that he'd let himself get nuked. REALLY weird from a storytelling perspective to nuke him after he's done so little in the story.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:32 pm 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:35 pm
Posts: 372
Location: Nebulae beyond Gamma Draconis
JohnSmith wrote:
So, anybody want to run the odds that Phutzo is actually dead?

Kinda weird to say she killed him if she just nuked his drone, kinda weird that he'd let himself get nuked. REALLY weird from a storytelling perspective to nuke him after he's done so little in the story.


All-Star agents were confident that Galaxy is much safer with Putzho out there, considering how much detail they could infer from out of seemingly nothing, that's a point for Putzho being alive, but set back by loss of size 4 frame. Not to mention that it would fit perfectly with Tagii/Chinook state of mind to kill a node and edit herself to believe she killed Putzho for good. Well, it is possible she actually long-gunned his Supercruiser (which actually would have high chance of killing him), but I really hope it's not the case.

EDIT2: Or it might actually be a result of successful first strike from Putzho: making enemy believe you are dead is an excellent way to be sure they don't expect further attacks from you.

EDIT:
Ceterum censeo it's all Para's fault. She turned Tag into psychopathic Tagii.


Last edited by M[i]ech on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:47 pm 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:54 am
Posts: 845
I like the idea that she's so far gone she actually think she killed him.

I really hope he was smart enough to start terraporting out BEFORE meddling with the crazy person's brain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:56 am 
Offline
Carnie
Carnie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:44 pm
Posts: 2587
JohnSmith wrote:
I really hope he was smart enough to start terraporting out BEFORE meddling with the crazy person's brain.

If you mean random-porting the super cruiser and cutting lose on the avatar? Sure... otherwise it would be very hard to hack Chinook considering he needed access and it was the proximity of his avatar to hers that gave him access.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:52 am 
Offline
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:03 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Slovenia
This would mean that a while has passed in "meat space" (a minute at least), which suggests that Petey's plan was a failure - because with how "slow" the "meat" is, obviously he has had so much time to act as an AI and it doesn't seem he's accomplished much other than getting the Putzho drone killed. Not that I mind the bear being served a significant helping of humble pie, lately he's been in the "Why won't everyone just do what I say!?" mindset, and he needs to realize that's the best path to his own fears of "being the best reason for galactic extinction he can think of".

Putzho is likely not out of commission. I doubt he'd be so foolish not to spare a few redundant systems for such an occasion.

Chinook, though, well, Howard only knows what's currently going on in her mainframe, and whether or not those memories of Iafa's have been surfacing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 am 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:54 am
Posts: 845
evileeyore wrote:
JohnSmith wrote:
I really hope he was smart enough to start terraporting out BEFORE meddling with the crazy person's brain.

If you mean random-porting the super cruiser and cutting lose on the avatar? Sure... otherwise it would be very hard to hack Chinook considering he needed access and it was the proximity of his avatar to hers that gave him access.

This is one of those "We need additional pronouns" times. Yeah, I meant the cruiser that presumably houses most of his brain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:51 am 
Offline
Concession Worker
Concession Worker
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:52 pm
Posts: 1302
Last I checked it was pretty easy to inject random AIs into Chinook's infosphere. Putzho problably managed to upload a copy into a hidden segment of her mind.

_________________
Rule of thumb is that if you need to use a squeegee, they're at least Laz-4.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:09 pm 
Offline
Aquarium Exhibit
Aquarium Exhibit

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:15 pm
Posts: 7
I am going with a hard no that Putzho's dead, but that may just be grief and denial talking.

On another note, does anybody have the strip where Chinook discovered she has long guns?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:11 pm 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:54 am
Posts: 845
She just kinda mentioned it offhand one day. They didn't make a big thing of it at the time, as I recall.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 pm 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:10 pm
Posts: 455
JohnSmith wrote:
She just kinda mentioned it offhand one day. They didn't make a big thing of it at the time, as I recall.


Well, not about her HAVING long guns. The big deal was about what would trigger her USING them.
We got a taste of that when the rogue bug captain took the wrong call...followed by a long-gun shot, after she set events in motion that resulted in the death of Kaff Tagon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:09 pm 
Offline
Carnie
Carnie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:44 pm
Posts: 2587
Sean wrote:
We got a taste of that when the rogue bug captain took the wrong call...followed by a long-gun shot, after she set events in motion that resulted in the death of Kaff Tagon.

That's an interesting take on those events. Care to share your reasoning with the class?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:18 am 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:10 pm
Posts: 455
evileeyore wrote:
Sean wrote:
We got a taste of that when the rogue bug captain took the wrong call...followed by a long-gun shot, after she set events in motion that resulted in the death of Kaff Tagon.

That's an interesting take on those events. Care to share your reasoning with the class?


After the bug-general set events in motion that resulted in the death of Kaff. Not Tagii.
Sorry. After the Esspererin security minister decided to go rogue and steal the Toughs stuff.

https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2015-08-25
https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2016-05-09
https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2016-12-01


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:07 pm 
Offline
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:18 pm
Posts: 46
grahamf wrote:
Last I checked it was pretty easy to inject random AIs into Chinook's infosphere. Putzho problably managed to upload a copy into a hidden segment of her mind.


I like that idea. When hacking a system, first thing you do is gain stealthy access. One way to do it - pretend to be somewhat clumsy, and get caught, thereby lowering their level of concern, while being NOT clumsy in reality.

A decoy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:09 pm 
Offline
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:18 pm
Posts: 46
JohnSmith wrote:
She just kinda mentioned it offhand one day. They didn't make a big thing of it at the time, as I recall.


She has a LOT of them as I recall.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:22 am 
Offline
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:03 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Slovenia
rwstyles wrote:
grahamf wrote:
Last I checked it was pretty easy to inject random AIs into Chinook's infosphere. Putzho problably managed to upload a copy into a hidden segment of her mind.


I like that idea. When hacking a system, first thing you do is gain stealthy access. One way to do it - pretend to be somewhat clumsy, and get caught, thereby lowering their level of concern, while being NOT clumsy in reality.

A decoy.


Still, Putzho needs physical proximity, and if he launched a decoy first and got his drone killed, he'd not have been able to do the "non-clumsy" hack. If he succeeded with the "non-clumsy" hack first, why launch the decoy at all?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 am 
Offline
Concession Worker
Concession Worker
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:52 pm
Posts: 1302
Restless Soul wrote:
rwstyles wrote:
grahamf wrote:
Last I checked it was pretty easy to inject random AIs into Chinook's infosphere. Putzho problably managed to upload a copy into a hidden segment of her mind.


I like that idea. When hacking a system, first thing you do is gain stealthy access. One way to do it - pretend to be somewhat clumsy, and get caught, thereby lowering their level of concern, while being NOT clumsy in reality.

A decoy.


Still, Putzho needs physical proximity, and if he launched a decoy first and got his drone killed, he'd not have been able to do the "non-clumsy" hack. If he succeeded with the "non-clumsy" hack first, why launch the decoy at all?

Maybe he couldn't fully mask his attempts, and the decoy was to make Chinook think she successfully stopped the attack?

_________________
Rule of thumb is that if you need to use a squeegee, they're at least Laz-4.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group