The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:03 pm 
Concession Worker
Concession Worker

I don't think anyone's done the big head thing yet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:16 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

So, anybody want to run the odds that Phutzo is actually dead?

Kinda weird to say she killed him if she just nuked his drone, kinda weird that he'd let himself get nuked. REALLY weird from a storytelling perspective to nuke him after he's done so little in the story.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:32 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

JohnSmith wrote:
So, anybody want to run the odds that Phutzo is actually dead?

Kinda weird to say she killed him if she just nuked his drone, kinda weird that he'd let himself get nuked. REALLY weird from a storytelling perspective to nuke him after he's done so little in the story.

All-Star agents were confident that Galaxy is much safer with Putzho out there, considering how much detail they could infer from out of seemingly nothing, that's a point for Putzho being alive, but set back by loss of size 4 frame. Not to mention that it would fit perfectly with Tagii/Chinook state of mind to kill a node and edit herself to believe she killed Putzho for good. Well, it is possible she actually long-gunned his Supercruiser (which actually would have high chance of killing him), but I really hope it's not the case.

EDIT2: Or it might actually be a result of successful first strike from Putzho: making enemy believe you are dead is an excellent way to be sure they don't expect further attacks from you.

EDIT:
Ceterum censeo it's all Para's fault. She turned Tag into psychopathic Tagii.

Last edited by M[i]ech on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:47 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

I like the idea that she's so far gone she actually think she killed him.

I really hope he was smart enough to start terraporting out BEFORE meddling with the crazy person's brain.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:56 am 
Carnie
Carnie

JohnSmith wrote:
I really hope he was smart enough to start terraporting out BEFORE meddling with the crazy person's brain.

If you mean random-porting the super cruiser and cutting lose on the avatar? Sure... otherwise it would be very hard to hack Chinook considering he needed access and it was the proximity of his avatar to hers that gave him access.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:52 am 
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

This would mean that a while has passed in "meat space" (a minute at least), which suggests that Petey's plan was a failure - because with how "slow" the "meat" is, obviously he has had so much time to act as an AI and it doesn't seem he's accomplished much other than getting the Putzho drone killed. Not that I mind the bear being served a significant helping of humble pie, lately he's been in the "Why won't everyone just do what I say!?" mindset, and he needs to realize that's the best path to his own fears of "being the best reason for galactic extinction he can think of".

Putzho is likely not out of commission. I doubt he'd be so foolish not to spare a few redundant systems for such an occasion.

Chinook, though, well, Howard only knows what's currently going on in her mainframe, and whether or not those memories of Iafa's have been surfacing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 am 
Entertainment
Entertainment

evileeyore wrote:
JohnSmith wrote:

If you mean random-porting the super cruiser and cutting lose on the avatar? Sure... otherwise it would be very hard to hack Chinook considering he needed access and it was the proximity of his avatar to hers that gave him access.

This is one of those "We need additional pronouns" times. Yeah, I meant the cruiser that presumably houses most of his brain.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:51 am 
Concession Worker
Concession Worker

Last I checked it was pretty easy to inject random AIs into Chinook's infosphere. Putzho problably managed to upload a copy into a hidden segment of her mind.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:09 pm 
Aquarium Exhibit
Aquarium Exhibit

I am going with a hard no that Putzho's dead, but that may just be grief and denial talking.

On another note, does anybody have the strip where Chinook discovered she has long guns?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:11 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

She just kinda mentioned it offhand one day. They didn't make a big thing of it at the time, as I recall.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

JohnSmith wrote:
She just kinda mentioned it offhand one day. They didn't make a big thing of it at the time, as I recall.

Well, not about her HAVING long guns. The big deal was about what would trigger her USING them.
We got a taste of that when the rogue bug captain took the wrong call...followed by a long-gun shot, after she set events in motion that resulted in the death of Kaff Tagon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:09 pm 
Carnie
Carnie

Sean wrote:
We got a taste of that when the rogue bug captain took the wrong call...followed by a long-gun shot, after she set events in motion that resulted in the death of Kaff Tagon.

That's an interesting take on those events. Care to share your reasoning with the class?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:18 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

evileeyore wrote:
Sean wrote:

That's an interesting take on those events. Care to share your reasoning with the class?

After the bug-general set events in motion that resulted in the death of Kaff. Not Tagii.
Sorry. After the Esspererin security minister decided to go rogue and steal the Toughs stuff.

https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2015-08-25
https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2016-05-09
https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2016-12-01

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:07 pm 
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

grahamf wrote:
Last I checked it was pretty easy to inject random AIs into Chinook's infosphere. Putzho problably managed to upload a copy into a hidden segment of her mind.

I like that idea. When hacking a system, first thing you do is gain stealthy access. One way to do it - pretend to be somewhat clumsy, and get caught, thereby lowering their level of concern, while being NOT clumsy in reality.

A decoy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:09 pm 
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

JohnSmith wrote:

She has a LOT of them as I recall.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:22 am 
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

rwstyles wrote:
grahamf wrote:

I like that idea. When hacking a system, first thing you do is gain stealthy access. One way to do it - pretend to be somewhat clumsy, and get caught, thereby lowering their level of concern, while being NOT clumsy in reality.

A decoy.

Still, Putzho needs physical proximity, and if he launched a decoy first and got his drone killed, he'd not have been able to do the "non-clumsy" hack. If he succeeded with the "non-clumsy" hack first, why launch the decoy at all?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 am 
Concession Worker
Concession Worker

Restless Soul wrote:
rwstyles wrote:
grahamf wrote:

A decoy.

Still, Putzho needs physical proximity, and if he launched a decoy first and got his drone killed, he'd not have been able to do the "non-clumsy" hack. If he succeeded with the "non-clumsy" hack first, why launch the decoy at all?

Maybe he couldn't fully mask his attempts, and the decoy was to make Chinook think she successfully stopped the attack?