The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:09 am 
Offline
Carnie
Carnie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:44 pm
Posts: 2604
Ahahahaha.


Eh. So Ellen and Schlock are going to be taken by the Uuplechans and tried for, well, whatever probably.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:51 am 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:40 am
Posts: 536
Location: Eugene, OR
Looks like her deathwish is acting up again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:16 am 
Offline
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:03 pm
Posts: 99
Location: Slovenia
StClair wrote:
Looks like her deathwish is acting up again.


I figure she simply thinks that if they have to make a copy of Kevyn, they should also make a copy of her, so that the new Foxworthy couple is still on the same page about everything.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:59 am 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:40 am
Posts: 536
Location: Eugene, OR
Pretty much, yeah.

with a side of "this Elf wants to 'be with him'", IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 pm
Posts: 46
Really though, can you blame her?

THIS Ellen remembers her husband coming to a huge epiphany about their relationship and how he's been an arrogant asshole, and -honestly- decided that he needed to change, on his own.

The new Kevyn out of the vat will probably get force-fed that recording to "catch him up", but Vat-Kevyn is never going to have a chance to come to that conclusion organically.

Vat-Elf being reset to the same time-frame gives that grand marrige epiphany a second chance to actually happen organically, rather than Kevyn being force-fed it from scratch and Ellen (Oh so patientlyh, because she's known for that sort of thing) waiting for him to catch up.

I'm not saying it's the -healthiest- thing to do. But I understand the motivation.
It seems like getting a new "you" decanted costs is time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:55 pm 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:53 pm
Posts: 642
Of course of the Uuplechan turn out to be reasonable, but not too lenient, and just put her in jail for a while, then her entire plan will get derailed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:36 am 
Offline
Carnie
Carnie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:44 pm
Posts: 2604
Why do you all think she's lying at this point?


Yes, earlier she said "I'm leaving last" and that was a lie, but at this point what is the purpose of further lying? Why bother? No, she's being truthful, she has no spoken intentions of dying, she just wants alone time to sort her feelings out and maybe she's right, maybe the Uuplechans will accept her surrender as a gesture of good faith.

Of course we all suspect that she'll end up alive and in continued possession of the ship... and end up having to fish all the parts out of the shitter.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:09 am 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:40 am
Posts: 536
Location: Eugene, OR
Because this isn't the first time she's demonstrated self-destructive tendencies?

The thing about Laz-R-Us is, you can actually survive your (successful) Heroic Sacrifice. In some sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline
Concession Worker
Concession Worker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:55 pm
Posts: 1325
Location: City of Brotherly Love
I think evileeyore may be right, and she's not lying, since if she really wanted to kill herself, she could simply draw her sidearm and blow her brains out. Or set the ship to self-destruct. Waiting on others to do the deed is not reliable; that next long-gun shot may not come there, or the Uuplechan may sentence her to life imprisonment instead of death.

_________________
The MacNut
Artist and writer of The Vanguard, a space opera superhero comic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:44 pm 
Offline
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:33 am
Posts: 183
evileeyore wrote:
Why do you all think she's lying at this point?


Yes, earlier she said "I'm leaving last" and that was a lie, but at this point what is the purpose of further lying? Why bother? No, she's being truthful, she has no spoken intentions of dying, she just wants alone time to sort her feelings out and maybe she's right, maybe the Uuplechans will accept her surrender as a gesture of good faith.

Of course we all suspect that she'll end up alive and in continued possession of the ship... and end up having to fish all the parts out of the shitter.


Made me laugh while carefully sipping very hot coffee. You owe me a new soft palate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:05 pm 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:35 pm
Posts: 372
Location: Nebulae beyond Gamma Draconis
0z79 wrote:
evileeyore wrote:
Why do you all think she's lying at this point?


Yes, earlier she said "I'm leaving last" and that was a lie, but at this point what is the purpose of further lying? Why bother? No, she's being truthful, she has no spoken intentions of dying, she just wants alone time to sort her feelings out and maybe she's right, maybe the Uuplechans will accept her surrender as a gesture of good faith.

Of course we all suspect that she'll end up alive and in continued possession of the ship... and end up having to fish all the parts out of the shitter.


Made me laugh while carefully sipping very hot coffee. You owe me a new soft palate.


You should really have expected that. That's Chekhov's lavatory. It was mentioned thus it has to spill. Inconvenience of retrieving ship parts was too big a point to not come around later.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:22 pm 
Offline
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:18 pm
Posts: 49
macnut wrote:
I think evileeyore may be right, and she's not lying, since if she really wanted to kill herself, she could simply draw her sidearm and blow her brains out. Or set the ship to self-destruct. Waiting on others to do the deed is not reliable; that next long-gun shot may not come there, or the Uuplechan may sentence her to life imprisonment instead of death.


If you wanted to self destruct, you won't bother hiding parts, but would wait until it was fully manned, and hopefully near other ships.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:32 pm 
Offline
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:41 pm
Posts: 174
So, beyond retard-stupidity dialed to 15, what's the point of all this?
I mean, really?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:46 am 
Offline
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:32 pm
Posts: 186
kham wrote:
So, beyond retard-stupidity dialed to 15, what's the point of all this?
I mean, really?


Filler before the Sunday strip, where some plot development actually happens?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group