The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:19 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

As in title. I bet the voice mocking Thurl belongs to bloody Para. Hopefully other one belongs to Kevyn, but I think calling upon someone else's authority doesn't fit his style of arguing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:24 pm 
Aquarium Exhibit
Aquarium Exhibit

Location: Blasted hellish frozen Northern wastelands (AKA MN)
I had a great grandfather Gunther. He emigrated from one of the German states to New York a bit before being merely German mattered more than being Prussian, Hessian, etc. (He kind of had to leave, his behavior during a bender on returning from the two years mandatory military service every 18 year old was required to perform had left a popular man in town with one less eye, and no one cared to give him a job).

There is a long running story from decades after the unfortunate end of military service binge, he had become successful and respected in the USA, known for his philosophical nature, even temper, his excellent library and readimgs in philosophy.

On comming into the house, he found some of the female relatives discussing surnames and the gravitas conveyed certain ones. As luck would have it, as he walked in, they were extolling the wonderfulness of the name "Gunther".

That they are still talking about his reaction nearly 100 years later may tell you something of the depth of his feeling.

Great granddad is said to ha e stopped in the doorway, stared at the ladies for a bit, and finally, shouted:

"GUNTHER?! I WOULDN'T NAME A HORSE GUNTHER!!!"

Then he stomped out and went someplace less silly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:45 am 
Carnie
Carnie

It has been 17 years and 9 months since Thurl was introduced and we've finally learned his first name.

Anyone else's first name we've yet to learn?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:04 am 
Entertainment
Entertainment

He's been Gunther for ages. I can't find evidence, but it's totally true.
I believe we've got names for everyone who matters - https://www.ovalkwiki.com/index.php/Category:Characters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:01 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

if it IS the little bitch, its even more offensive; considering her pet KILLED Thurl before. Nuh-uh, Parabus; YOU DONT GET TO BE A WISEASS - EVER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:50 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

No one aboard that shuttle is Para or Kevyn. You can see Tagon stating that the Toughs will be riding in the Maxim 39's last shuttle here.

For the earliest reference on Thurl's first name, see: https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2001-11-07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:08 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Nemoricus wrote:
No one aboard that shuttle is Para or Kevyn. You can see Tagon stating that the Toughs will be riding in the Maxim 39's last shuttle here.

For the earliest reference on Thurl's first name, see: https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2001-11-07

Groan. I feel dumb now. I completely forgot about it and thought this was transport coming from Maxim.