PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:03 pm 
Concession Worker
Concession Worker

I think we know that zeppelin...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:08 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

What the....

What just happened? How many AI's in control of Eina-Afa have there BEEN?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:12 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Krennson wrote:
What the....

Quite possibly just two. Chinook, and Eina-Mnelelae, who I suspect we knew as T'kkuts Afa and Iafa. Yaeyoefui may have returned control of the station to Eina-Mnelelae after this scene.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:14 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Nemoricus wrote:
Krennson wrote:
What the....

Quite possibly just two. Chinook, and Eina-Mnelelae, who I suspect we knew as T'kkuts Afa and Iafa. Yaeyoefui may have returned control of the station to Eina-Mnelelae after this scene.

No, I'm pretty sure this IS Iafa. I recognize the name, for one thing.

Edit: Whoops, nope, different person

https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2015-12-29

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:16 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Isn't Yaeyoefui the name of the "librarian" they woke up when they were first trying to read the foils? It would be rather ironic if he was still also the AI that became iafa.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:21 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

I'm pretty sure Iafa changed its name at some point in its million year long sojourn to reflect its insanity. So it very well might be Yaeyoefui.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:27 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Nemoricus wrote:
Krennson wrote:
What the....

Putting things together....

it looks like Eina-menlalae was the original AI.
a possible fork of the meatbag Yaeyoefui replaced him??

Ten million years later...

The AI of unknown origins was going by Tkkkut's-Afa.
That AI re-wrote itself, and emerged as the new "Iafa"
A reformed Tagi took over, taking the name "Chinook"

Then Meatbag Yaeyoefui was ressurected... does he remember volunteering to become an AI? and has he been hiding that this entire time?

Then Putzho and Iafa took over from Chinook... and put Chinook into a sleeper annex.

Which brings us back to.... how many AI's are still IN that infosphere? Where did Tkkkut's-Afa come from?

My current best guess is that AI-Yaeyoefui and Eina-Menlalae merged into the entity known as Tkkkut's-Afa over the course of 10 million years of isolation, but I can't prove that I'm right, and could easily be wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:44 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Well one point we can clear up is that the Oafa leave their foil behind when they enter the infosphere. Since Yaeyoefui volunteered to take over after he did this the Yaeyoefui resurrected from the foil would have no way of knowing about it.

On the other hand Yaeyoefui probably did know that the ancient Oafa had uploaded themselves, since it obviously did so itself, and kept quiet about that. Which is a practical stance to take since it doesn't really know much about the ground crawlers who decided to bring it back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:56 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Arcanestomper wrote:
Well one point we can clear up is that the Oafa leave their foil behind when they enter the infosphere. Since Yaeyoefui volunteered to take over after he did this the Yaeyoefui resurrected from the foil would have no way of knowing about it.

On the other hand Yaeyoefui probably did know that the ancient Oafa had uploaded themselves, since it obviously did so itself, and kept quiet about that. Which is a practical stance to take since it doesn't really know much about the ground crawlers who decided to bring it back.

Hypothetically, meatbag Yaeyoefui SHOULD remember everything prior to the upload.... He should remember being asked to volunteer, he should remember the suspicion of forced uploads, he should remember agreeing to be uploaded, he should probably even remember putting on whatever passed for an upload harness....

And then he should remember waking up 10 million years later, surrounding by crawling sophonts.

Which seems to suggest that he's been keeping a LOT of secrets, ever since he woke up.... but WHY?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:52 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Krennson wrote:
Arcanestomper wrote:

Hypothetically, meatbag Yaeyoefui SHOULD remember everything prior to the upload.... He should remember being asked to volunteer, he should remember the suspicion of forced uploads, he should remember agreeing to be uploaded, he should probably even remember putting on whatever passed for an upload harness....

And then he should remember waking up 10 million years later, surrounding by crawling sophonts.

Which seems to suggest that he's been keeping a LOT of secrets, ever since he woke up.... but WHY?

In the comic it is stated that Yaeyoefui is already in the infosphere when he is approached by the others about Eina-menlalae. So at that point his foil was already rolled up and put in storage.

I suppose technically he could have downloaded into another body, and then died and put that foil into storage. But that seems needlessly complex.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:26 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

It's also possible the foils could be updated

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:54 am 
Concession Worker
Concession Worker

sotanaht wrote:
It's also possible the foils could be updated

Not easily. They're sealed in a crypt, in a way that clearly focuses on long term preservation and not incremental updates.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:56 am 
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

Yaeyoefui also says it’s the fourth time they had been revived when the Toughs wake them up, so it’s not impossible.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:59 am 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Actually it's pretty clear how the foils are updated. They're used to revive an Oafan and then updated in the process of living. So while it's possible that Yaeyoefui could have revived and updated his foil after he did this it would pretty clearly go against his goal of downloading everyone and storing their foils.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:41 pm 
Aquarium Exhibit
Aquarium Exhibit

I wonder if Yaeyoeffui is the one who came up with the idea of the murder-guilt erasing program to help speed up the process of "archiving" the living Oafans.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:45 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Aratan wrote:
I wonder if Yaeyoeffui is the one who came up with the idea of the murder-guilt erasing program to help speed up the process of "archiving" the living Oafans.

Upon further reflection, and examination of the last panel, I think Yaeyoefui was the one who forcibly uploaded the remaining Oafan population, and after twelve million years, is now the entity we know as Iafa. He probably did make those systems, but not to speed up the process. I think they were there to make existing after doing it bearable.