The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:03 pm 
Offline
Concession Worker
Concession Worker
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:52 pm
Posts: 1324
I think we know that zeppelin...

_________________
Rule of thumb is that if you need to use a squeegee, they're at least Laz-4.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:50 pm
Posts: 460
What the....

What just happened? How many AI's in control of Eina-Afa have there BEEN?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:12 pm 
Offline
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:28 pm
Posts: 276
Krennson wrote:
What the....

What just happened? How many AI's in control of Eina-Afa have there BEEN?

Quite possibly just two. Chinook, and Eina-Mnelelae, who I suspect we knew as T'kkuts Afa and Iafa. Yaeyoefui may have returned control of the station to Eina-Mnelelae after this scene.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:14 pm 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:10 am
Posts: 486
Nemoricus wrote:
Krennson wrote:
What the....

What just happened? How many AI's in control of Eina-Afa have there BEEN?

Quite possibly just two. Chinook, and Eina-Mnelelae, who I suspect we knew as T'kkuts Afa and Iafa. Yaeyoefui may have returned control of the station to Eina-Mnelelae after this scene.


No, I'm pretty sure this IS Iafa. I recognize the name, for one thing.

Edit: Whoops, nope, different person

https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2015-12-29


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:16 pm 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 415
Isn't Yaeyoefui the name of the "librarian" they woke up when they were first trying to read the foils? It would be rather ironic if he was still also the AI that became iafa.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:21 pm 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:53 pm
Posts: 642
I'm pretty sure Iafa changed its name at some point in its million year long sojourn to reflect its insanity. So it very well might be Yaeyoefui.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:27 pm 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:50 pm
Posts: 460
Nemoricus wrote:
Krennson wrote:
What the....

What just happened? How many AI's in control of Eina-Afa have there BEEN?

Quite possibly just two. Chinook, and Eina-Mnelelae, who I suspect we knew as T'kkuts Afa and Iafa. Yaeyoefui may have returned control of the station to Eina-Mnelelae after this scene.



Putting things together....

it looks like Eina-menlalae was the original AI.
a possible fork of the meatbag Yaeyoefui replaced him??

Ten million years later...

The AI of unknown origins was going by Tkkkut's-Afa.
That AI re-wrote itself, and emerged as the new "Iafa"
A reformed Tagi took over, taking the name "Chinook"

Then Meatbag Yaeyoefui was ressurected... does he remember volunteering to become an AI? and has he been hiding that this entire time?

Then Putzho and Iafa took over from Chinook... and put Chinook into a sleeper annex.

Which brings us back to.... how many AI's are still IN that infosphere? Where did Tkkkut's-Afa come from?

My current best guess is that AI-Yaeyoefui and Eina-Menlalae merged into the entity known as Tkkkut's-Afa over the course of 10 million years of isolation, but I can't prove that I'm right, and could easily be wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:53 pm
Posts: 642
Well one point we can clear up is that the Oafa leave their foil behind when they enter the infosphere. Since Yaeyoefui volunteered to take over after he did this the Yaeyoefui resurrected from the foil would have no way of knowing about it.

On the other hand Yaeyoefui probably did know that the ancient Oafa had uploaded themselves, since it obviously did so itself, and kept quiet about that. Which is a practical stance to take since it doesn't really know much about the ground crawlers who decided to bring it back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:56 pm 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:50 pm
Posts: 460
Arcanestomper wrote:
Well one point we can clear up is that the Oafa leave their foil behind when they enter the infosphere. Since Yaeyoefui volunteered to take over after he did this the Yaeyoefui resurrected from the foil would have no way of knowing about it.

On the other hand Yaeyoefui probably did know that the ancient Oafa had uploaded themselves, since it obviously did so itself, and kept quiet about that. Which is a practical stance to take since it doesn't really know much about the ground crawlers who decided to bring it back.


Hypothetically, meatbag Yaeyoefui SHOULD remember everything prior to the upload.... He should remember being asked to volunteer, he should remember the suspicion of forced uploads, he should remember agreeing to be uploaded, he should probably even remember putting on whatever passed for an upload harness....

And then he should remember waking up 10 million years later, surrounding by crawling sophonts.

Which seems to suggest that he's been keeping a LOT of secrets, ever since he woke up.... but WHY?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:52 pm 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:53 pm
Posts: 642
Krennson wrote:
Arcanestomper wrote:
Well one point we can clear up is that the Oafa leave their foil behind when they enter the infosphere. Since Yaeyoefui volunteered to take over after he did this the Yaeyoefui resurrected from the foil would have no way of knowing about it.

On the other hand Yaeyoefui probably did know that the ancient Oafa had uploaded themselves, since it obviously did so itself, and kept quiet about that. Which is a practical stance to take since it doesn't really know much about the ground crawlers who decided to bring it back.


Hypothetically, meatbag Yaeyoefui SHOULD remember everything prior to the upload.... He should remember being asked to volunteer, he should remember the suspicion of forced uploads, he should remember agreeing to be uploaded, he should probably even remember putting on whatever passed for an upload harness....

And then he should remember waking up 10 million years later, surrounding by crawling sophonts.

Which seems to suggest that he's been keeping a LOT of secrets, ever since he woke up.... but WHY?


In the comic it is stated that Yaeyoefui is already in the infosphere when he is approached by the others about Eina-menlalae. So at that point his foil was already rolled up and put in storage.

I suppose technically he could have downloaded into another body, and then died and put that foil into storage. But that seems needlessly complex.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:26 am 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 415
It's also possible the foils could be updated


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:54 am 
Offline
Concession Worker
Concession Worker
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:52 pm
Posts: 1324
sotanaht wrote:
It's also possible the foils could be updated

Not easily. They're sealed in a crypt, in a way that clearly focuses on long term preservation and not incremental updates.

_________________
Rule of thumb is that if you need to use a squeegee, they're at least Laz-4.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:56 am 
Offline
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:38 pm
Posts: 39
Yaeyoefui also says it’s the fourth time they had been revived when the Toughs wake them up, so it’s not impossible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:59 am 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:53 pm
Posts: 642
Actually it's pretty clear how the foils are updated. They're used to revive an Oafan and then updated in the process of living. So while it's possible that Yaeyoefui could have revived and updated his foil after he did this it would pretty clearly go against his goal of downloading everyone and storing their foils.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:41 pm 
Offline
Aquarium Exhibit
Aquarium Exhibit

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:33 pm
Posts: 34
I wonder if Yaeyoeffui is the one who came up with the idea of the murder-guilt erasing program to help speed up the process of "archiving" the living Oafans.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:45 pm 
Offline
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:28 pm
Posts: 276
Aratan wrote:
I wonder if Yaeyoeffui is the one who came up with the idea of the murder-guilt erasing program to help speed up the process of "archiving" the living Oafans.

Upon further reflection, and examination of the last panel, I think Yaeyoefui was the one who forcibly uploaded the remaining Oafan population, and after twelve million years, is now the entity we know as Iafa. He probably did make those systems, but not to speed up the process. I think they were there to make existing after doing it bearable.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group