The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:25 am 
Concession Worker
Concession Worker

What if the DaME generated by Oisir was not intended, but a normal Annie byproduct? Like every Annie plant creates and traps a DaME, with larger annies that run long enough generating sentient DaMEs?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:52 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

That does make a certain amount of sense. I hope you're wrong, and I suspect you are, because Putzho's supercruiser had a level of power that I associate with annies in this setting.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:56 pm 
Concession Worker
Concession Worker

If you're right, then the baryonic Schlockiverse is going to have to give up annie plants. If for no other reason than to stop creating the enemies that are trying to exterminate them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:33 pm 
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

I feel like if this were true Petey would have discovered it by now considering the size of some of his annie plants.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:10 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Honestly I find that unlikely. The gatekeepers used annie plants to, and I'm sure the Pa'anuri would have put something in the treaty if annie plants could trap them.

macnut wrote:
If you're right, then the baryonic Schlockiverse is going to have to give up annie plants. If for no other reason than to stop creating the enemies that are trying to exterminate them.

Baryonic beings can swiftly and easily destroy dark matter entities if they're in the same area. This was demonstrated during the core generator battle when the fleetmind destroyed every Pa'anuri in the area within a matter of minutes. In fact that's why the Pa'anuri want to kill all baryonic life. Because baryonic civilizations tend to kill them on accident. The Pa'anuri are a threat because they have an entire galaxy under their control. But if they are spawned randomly, and tiny given the size of most annie plants, it would be trivial to scan for and destroy any that managed to escape.

Sure that's a bit genocidal, but every single Pa'anuri so for has demonstrated a desire to kill all baryonic life. Even the wormgate treaty didn't stop them from their plans. If a Pa'anuri could be reasoned with then new Pa'anuri could be allowed to live, but they can't so it's a very definite all or nothing thing.

Last edited by Arcanestomper on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:17 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

grahamf wrote:
What if the DaME generated by Oisir was not intended, but a normal Annie byproduct? Like every Annie plant creates and traps a DaME, with larger annies that run long enough generating sentient DaMEs?

Trapped within the prison-womb that will be the entirety of its universe, until the plant's cycled down and scrapped... very dark.