The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:23 am 
Greetings, folks, and welcome to the show. Find a seat and quiet down, please. No pushing, there should be enough seats for everybody.

It's okay, I can wait. Could the people in the back move forward? There's plenty of seats at the front here.

Are we all set?

Good. Here's the news, folks.

As of now, the Balloon Animals forum has changed. What was once entirely about webcomics is now comics in general. Comic books, manga, webcomics, comic strips, you name it, it'll go here.

Got a favorite webcomic you want to share the link to? Post it here. Got a comic book question? Toss it in. Want to join the mailing list to find out when Rob Liefeld is in your neighborhood so you can get the homemade pipe bomb instructions? Sent out a notice.

Also, there will be a few regular columns posted by me, for the sake of humor and entertainment. If you also prefer to post something, go ahead, but there will be a few that I'm going to try to keep to just me.

Yes, I'm selfish that way. No, you can't leave, you bought a ticket for the show, you sit right there until this is ov-hey, HEY! Get back here!

The two regulars will be "Clash of the Titans", a regular poll updated once a week where I pick out two people that might have nothing in common from comics, and you guys vote to see who would win.

And anybody who says 'Goku wins cuz he kamehamehamehamtaros u and u loze roflomgwtfbbq' will be put on the punishment list.

This week's spanker is Bea Arthur. :wink:

The other regular article will be a general character examination done by me. Expect me to ruffle feathers across the board here, folks. It could be anything from a 'comic readers are idiots for not reading this character' to a standard 'Mort of the Month'.

And believe me. I know a lot of Morts.

No, you can't leave now. I don't care if you're crying. :D

If you have a character you'd like observed, or a battle of the titans you'd like to see voted on, send me a pm.

If you hate something I write, or wish to cause me grevious bodily harm, remember, that e-mail address is: George.W.Bush@whitehouse.gov.

And remember, nothing is held sacred here.

You're excused.

---------------

Late edit, this should probably be on this website somewhere:

All images and characters belong to their respective owners. They are being used without permission, and hopefully this stuff falls underneath some sort of protection from the appropriate Fair Usage provisions covering (and rendering legal) such non-commercial, not-for-profit usage.

No money's being made here, folks. If you're a lawyer, go chase an ambulance or sit back and enjoy the show like everyone else.

Last edited by Rakka on Mon May 10, 2004 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:33 pm 
Is anime to far out from comics?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:15 pm 
Hmm. That's a good question. I don't want this to get too wide-spread, but until I hear a 'heck no, don't put it here', go ahead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:10 pm 
I'd like this forum to be mostly about comics. That said, as long as it doesn't overwhelm the comics-related discussion I have no problem with some anime discussion here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:35 pm 
Well, as long as it's not overwhelming, yes. I can keep an eye on that. It just becomes a thin line sometimes as many series are both cartoons and comics. :?