Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Who wins? (Read before voting!)
Deceptions all the way! 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Robotech will prevail! 75%  75%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 16
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:09 pm 
It is the turn of the millenium. Peace lies across the planet, and many pepole live their lives happily, looking to the stars to see if anything is out there.

One crisp fall day, a large probe crashed onto Earth, sending the nations into a frenzy. Science teams immediately descend upon the find, and the technology on board is astonishing. They discover the probe seems to be sending a signal, but ends before they can trace where it is calling to. Studying this technology, mankind prepares for whatever might be following in its wake, and develop "Robotechnology" to help set its defenses against anything that might come from the sky.

A year later, disaster strikes. Instead of an attack coming from above, the ground erupts as a ship bursts free from deep within, having been trapped for an indeterminate length of time. Crushing the first wave of defense, it moves through the sky and lands. The door opens with a hiss, and out steps a giant figure, a purple emblem blazed upon his chest, eyes glowing with dark energy. Megatron has arrived. And this world will be his.

With him are Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, and Ravage.

Standing against him is the collected military of Robotech.

One army, one evil force. Only one will emerge from the smoke standing to claim the world. Which one?

Contest of Champions is proud to present:

DECEPTICONS

VERSUS

ROBOTECH

In a fight we like to call: "Heavy Metal"

Post your responses, peoples! But put in actual content, or prepare to be mocked for not being able to hold up your end of the fight.

(All images are property of their owners. Robotech and Decepticons are property of people besides me, and I don't want to get sued, so I'm not making on red cent off this. Death to lawyers.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:22 pm 
Okay. I'm not an expert at Robotech, but I am a hardcore Transformer geek. And no matter what I think Robotech wins.

Why?

Case 1. Pound for pound Robotech mechs are stronger than the Decepticons. 'Nuff said. Robotech wins.

Case 2. Pound for pound Robotech mechs are weaker than the Decepticons. Megatron stands on the edge of victory. He can taste it. The Earth is his, and he shall plunder it of all its resources--

--Starscream botches things with another attempt to overthrow his leader, cause for some unknown reason every time Starscream tries something, Megatron takes him back in. And this time it costs Megatron dearly and the Robotech army is able to pull out a last ditch offense. They save the world. Yay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:43 pm 
Okay, assuming that when you say "Robotech" you're referring to the Valkyrie craft themselves:

Robotech wins, because regardless of how Valkyries stand up against Deceptacons, the Valkyries have an immortal, sentient starship backing them up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:47 am 
Hmm...I'd vote for the Decepticons, but I just don't know Robotech very well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:09 pm 
The General wrote:
Okay, assuming that when you say "Robotech" you're referring to the Valkyrie craft themselves:

Robotech wins, because regardless of how Valkyries stand up against Deceptacons, the Valkyries have an immortal, sentient starship backing them up.
Assuming for the moment that the EDF doesn't have access to the SDF-1, they still have the overwhelming superiority in firepower-- afaik, none of the Decepticons have access to missle ordinance. The Decepticons, however, have the advantage in speed and manuverability. The deciding factor will probably be the Valkerie pilots' superior teamwork and organization. I'd bet that the battle would go in the Decepticon's favor initially, due to surprise, but the tide would inevitably turn in the EDF's favor. The final result would be incarceration for the surviving Decepticons alongside the rebel Zentraedi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:35 pm 
As I have limited knowledge of either Robotech or the Decepticons' abilities, I'll have to go with what I know...

And say this favors Robotech. Simply because the Robotech crew tend to co-operate with each other (to my knowledge) a bit more than the Decepticons.

Gerald's reasoning proves true, as well. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:31 pm 
From what I remember, Robotech.

"Pound for pound", I think Decepticons are better. But robotechs have sheer numbers. If it takes a hundred of them to off one decepticon, they'll do it and still have thousands to spare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:35 pm 
Robotech, simply through mass numbers, will win. Not even gonna get into the arguement of which silly-tech mecha is more powerful than another silly-tech mecha...

-JB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:27 pm 
I would like to point out that I just saw Macross Zero (well, what there is so far) and it's freakin' awesome.

Robotech wins, no doubt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:39 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

What about size? how big are ROBOTECH compaired to Devistator, Bruiticus, Abmominius, Menosour

Hell (Headmaster) Scorpinok and Tripticon as well.

Plus I've never seen Robotech so i know nothing about them

Anyways..I vote Decepticons.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/jawsisstuck/ Cause everyone else is doing it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 9:40 am 
Jawsisstuck V1.2 wrote:
What about size? how big are ROBOTECH compaired to Devistator, Bruiticus, Abmominius, Menosour

Hell (Headmaster) Scorpinok and Tripticon as well.

Plus I've never seen Robotech so i know nothing about them

Anyways..I vote Decepticons.

Valkyrie is about 14.1 meters.

Rumble is about the same size as a human. And he's about the third the size of say Thundercracker. That would make the latter 5.4 meters, if you work with the standard 1.80 meters as the size of a human and therefore rumble.

Bruticus is about 4 times the size of a regular decepticon, so he'd be around 21.6 meters.

Which is comparable to a heavy Macross Mech like the Saubergeran at 22.95 meters in robot mode.

Pure firepower wise, the Decepticons might have an edge, but size wise and more importantly number wise, they'd lose.

Post subject: Trans vs Robotech
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:58 am 
ok all i am a big time transformers fan and im a RPGer for robotech/macross and for the most part the Decepticons will win the war hands down even if the RDF or REF have both SDF-1 or SDF-3 Y you ask one Humans in mechs one shot form magatrons Connon will send a VF-1S
to the ground and magatron in gun mode with soundwave hmm can you say head shot/DEAD pilot . ok now we all can say that VF's can dodge put come on Excaliburs, Gladiators, Spartans and Mac 2 and all mechs that are in the same cad do not have the power to move like a transformer ie. jump dodge run/fly neal down and so on. Number two all the jets have super powers to them ie starscream thundercracker skywarp: noray sonicboom taleport and on top of that all most 80% of the Decepticons have some kind of superpowers. I can go on but i am new to your forms and dont want to talk all your ears off .Thankyou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:14 pm 
Umm, I hope you're aware you're almost two years late for that discussion... :p

Also: shame on you for making me think Rakka has come back :,(