The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Can Batman capture Vash the Stampede? (Read below first!)
Batman wins! Nobody escapes justice! 47%  47%  [ 7 ]
Vash escapes! Love and Peace! 53%  53%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:55 pm 
IS_Wolf wrote:
Anh Minh wrote:
Some defender of justice Batman turns out to be! What's next? Kill witnesses so the mafia doesn't have to messily do it itself?

Now now, kicking someone out of the city does not equate to killing them. :)

Kicking someone out of town doesn't equate to capturing them either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:39 pm 
Vash isn't that metahuman, most of the time (when he isn't destroying moons and stuff...). If anything, Batman is more violent and starts more fights than Vash. Love and peace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:18 pm 
Dark_Tiger wrote:
IS_Wolf wrote:
Anh Minh wrote:
Some defender of justice Batman turns out to be! What's next? Kill witnesses so the mafia doesn't have to messily do it itself?

Now now, kicking someone out of the city does not equate to killing them. :)

Kicking someone out of town doesn't equate to capturing them either.

On the contrary to properly "kick" someone out of town, you first need to capture them. It's the only way to have boot properly connect with backside. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:28 pm 
Anh Minh wrote:
Vash isn't that metahuman, most of the time (when he isn't destroying moons and stuff...). If anything, Batman is more violent and starts more fights than Vash. Love and peace!
Isn't that metahuman? That's like being a little pregnant!
Batman is more violent, but then he's trying to protect innocents from dangerous and often insane criminals.
This, however, is all beside the point. Vash IS a dangerous metahuman with a record of enormous property damage, and Batman is simply looking out for the best interests of the city he protects and its inhabitants. They aren't going to care how nice a guy Vash is, or who really started the fight, while they watch their homes burn down...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:07 pm 
But no matter what it won't be Vash that started the whole mess. And unless a certian someone happens to be in Gotham as well, he wouldn't really stay long enough for Batman to go after him.

And I'm pretty sure Batman would already be dead if *that* certain someone was in Gotham.

But I could be wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:32 am 
You know, if Batman's so smart, he should just ask Vash to leave. Offer him a deal like:

"I'm the best detective in the world, so tell me who you're looking for, and if he's in Gotham I'll find him, if not I'll at least find some clues. In the meanwhile, go wait for the results in Metropolis. Here's the money for the train and hotel fare, don't mention it, and don't say who sent you. Bye..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:48 am 
Anh Minh wrote:
You know, if Batman's so smart, he should just ask Vash to leave. Offer him a deal like:

"I'm the best detective in the world, so tell me who you're looking for, and if he's in Gotham I'll find him, if not I'll at least find some clues. In the meanwhile, go wait for the results in Metropolis. Here's the money for the train and hotel fare, don't mention it, and don't say who sent you. Bye..."

Wouldn't be surprised if he did that actually. :D
Giving CK a hard time does seem to be one of his favourite hobbies. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:46 am 
I agree that the Batman would have the eventual long-term advantage. What I haven't heard is a sufficiently good reason for Vash to stick around Gotham long enough to get the upper hand. Why is Vash even in Gotham? If he starts getting trouble from the Dark Knight, why doesn't he just leave?

Bruce is going to need a while to suss the Human Thyphoon out enough to figure out how to capture him. I don't think Vash is going to oblige by sticking around long enough to get sussed out. He'll dissappear as quickly as a box of hot glazed Krispy Kremes.

Match to Vash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:29 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Batman, He bested the 'Aliens' without a gun...Only Sigurney Weaver has that boasting right as well :D ;)

http://www.livejournal.com/users/jawsisstuck/ Cause everyone else is doing it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:52 am 
Carnie
Carnie

I've seen and read plenty of Batman, and I've seen just enough Trigun to know that in any reasonbly written story, Vash and Batman wouldn't fight. Or at least, they wouldn't stay enemies for much of the narritive. At his worst, Vash is a man with horrible luck and and a walking argument against the bounty system. I really think that either Vash and Batman would team up against someone. Its the most likely outcome.

In that scenario, Vash wins on a technicality.

-K

Avatar by Steve Troop of Melonpool! Image