The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fans of anime unite!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:17 am 
(There wasn't a forum for anime/tv shows/media/etc, so I figure this'd be the best place for this...)

"We knew adults really didn't care about the quality of animation. With children, if you had something brightly colored and moving, you could make it go. But with adults, they become bored pretty quickly with the dancing brooms unless it's exceedingly well done. From the start, words were more important than pictures."
---Mike Lazzo: Cartoon Network's senior vice president

No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.
---H.R. Mencken (Usually attributed to P.T. Barnum)

Adult Swim has cancelled one of the best undersung anime shows on TV: The Big O. According to them, rehashed Hanna-Barbera cartoons and immature humor is more popular.

Let's show them what we think about that. :evil:

IT'S SHOWTIME!!

This will be the largest grass roots movement to save an anime in the history of television.
If you consider cartoon animation to be more than Disney musicals, WB celebrity mug fests, and off the wall toilet humor, help us to keep this anime and others alive, as the networks scramble to rid the American television experience of anything even remotely resembling quality animation.
Don't let the industry insult our intelligence by insinuating that we don't appreciate both beauty and intelligent storyline in animation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:27 pm 
I'm tired of Big O. They've shown it through a dozen times already, and the story's been completed. There's nothing new to do with it, and there's no point in showing reruns in perpetua. I'm with CN on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:52 pm 
Besides, maybe this'll give them the time to actually play the opening sequence for Wolf's Rain. Dabburn CN, I want my Stray.

Ooooo puppy!