It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Voices of Iraq
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:08 am 
Intern
Intern

http://www.voicesofiraq.com/

"Filmed and Directed by the People of Iraq

Silenced for 24 years under Saddam's regime and denied attention by the international media, the people of Iraq are not well understood at this tumultuous time in their history.

Meet the people of Iraq as they struggle with years of turmoil and strive to build a civil society. Hear in their own words their feelings about Saddam Hussein, the multinational invasion of their country, the presence of American troops and their hopes for what may lie ahead for Iraq.

What values do Iraqis bring to the discussion of their future? What role will women play in a new Iraq? How will Islam influence government?

Voices of Iraq offers a unique opportunity to hear the diverse perspective of Iraqis on issues at the forefront of a global debate over war, terror and the prospects for democratic reform - directly from the street. Voices of Iraq is a ground-breaking documentary that does what no other film or news organization has done before.

The producers of Voices of Iraq distributed over 150 DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERAS across the entire country to enable everyday people - mothers, children, teachers, sheiks and even insurgents - to document their lives and their hopes amidst the upheaval of a nation being born.

Beginning amidst the Falluja uprising in April, going through the marshlands in the South, the Kurdish communities in the North and ending in September of this year, thousands of ordinary Iraqis became filmmakers to reveal the richness, complexity and emotion of their lives.

Voices of Iraq is an unprecedented film. This new documentary genre offers a unique window into what is happening in Iraq. Voices of Iraq has allowed Iraqis to tell their own story.

The Voices of Iraq soundtrack was produced and performed by Euphrates, an exceptionally gifted Iraqi Anglo hip hop group. Euphrates blends their unique Iraqi heritage with their everyday experience of life in the Western world to develop music that empowers people by focusing on issues that affect not only Arabs but all of humanity. In 1988, Nofy Fannan, Habillis and Narcicyst created Euphrates and have since produced two internationally acclaimed albums known for their captivating mix of Middle Eastern melodies with hard, polyrhythmic drums."

"I am a machine. I am a weapon of war. I am a destroyer of life in the service of life, the sword and shield of my human creators." Bolo Invincibilus, Mark XXIII, Model B (Experimental) 0075-NKE "Nike".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:18 am 
Intern
Intern

Has anyone looked at this yet? Or do you simply want to continue only reading and watching only the bad news spewed out by the news media?

"I am a machine. I am a weapon of war. I am a destroyer of life in the service of life, the sword and shield of my human creators." Bolo Invincibilus, Mark XXIII, Model B (Experimental) 0075-NKE "Nike".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:35 pm 
Bizzy, this is Who Cares.

Who Cares, Bizzy.

Mingle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:43 pm 
Vorpal Bunny Slipper
Vorpal Bunny Slipper

I think I like cherry pie the best.

Mit Beton gießt du es aus, das Fundament vom Knochenhaus.
Scharr, scharr, verscharr das Gebein, da ist noch Platz, da paßt noch wer rein.
Hier tobte sich der Teufel aus, unten im Keller im Knochenhaus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:52 pm 
I prefer blackberry Pi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:23 pm 
:bouncy: I prefer my Sweetie Pie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:28 pm 
Berken wrote:
:bouncy: I prefer my Sweetie Pie.

Well, when you put it that way, so do I. But I didn't think you knew about that.

/me bounces on Berkens Sweetie Pie.