The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recent outage
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:52 pm 
Developer
Developer

There was an issue with a configuration setting that lowered the TS for a channel to its registration time. When this happened the servers reacted by removing all the modes on a channel. The idea was to prevent some race conditions that could occur. I didn't realize this would be the effect.

I have since reverted back to the old version of services for now until I can test more.

Sorry about the inconvenience for having to reset your bans/channel modes.

Post subject: Re: Recent outage
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:32 pm 
Developer
Developer

As mentioned in the Logonnews on the network on Friday, January 17, 2014 at 2pm PST (UTC-8) I will attempt to upgrade services.

The reason for this being that we are using an older beta version of services which will, with the upgrade, bring it into a stable release. Which means no more drastic db changes and some new features that I think everyone will enjoy once I get them fully working and tested.

The problem before we had, when I first tried this, was that people weren't being automatically opped when they joined a channel upon being identified. I worked with the devs to find out there was a drastic db change that caused me to make some fixes to the code to import them correctly from the db. So now I've tested and ran the new code and seems to be working correctly as I'd expect.

I'm still in the process of testing a few other things related to the upgrade, but I should have them ironed out by Friday.

I'll keep everyone updated if plans change.