The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:41 am 
Developer
Developer

I've been searching for a mod that I've wanted personally for a long time since we switched from phpBB 2.x to 3.x (while that version was a custom hack this is a more integrated solution). Today I finally found exactly what I wanted after using a similar feature in a vBulletin board. I'm still not entirely sure why this isn't an integrated module as other forums have this feature as part of the standard distribution. *shrugs*

Are you on the edge of your seat now? Good, because its where you should be.

I have introduced a way for each forum user to view only the forums (and consequent) sub-forums they want and ignore the rest. (tada!)

So now you're probably thinking "How do I do this!?!? I must know more!!!!" How much would you be willing to pay for this feature?! $999.99? No. Not even $99.99! You're going to think we're crazy but not even $29.95. Now you're sitting there with your credit card in hand thinking "These guys must be crazy as I would pay a million dollars for this awesome feature! Wheres the PayPal link!?!" If you did then we wouldn't stop you. Honestly, if that happened well we'd donate it all to a worthy cause.* Only $19.95 (plus $7.95 shipping and handling)! A deal that you can't turn down! BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! If you act now and call within the next 20 minutes we'll double your order and you only pay for extra shipping and handling! That's right you get to edit your forum visibility...twice...for...uhm. I think there's a flaw in this somewhere. We'll have a discussion with our lawyers and get back to you on it.

Ok, so in light of this pricing malfunction today only** we'll let you edit your forum visibility preferences for FREE (we still want to charge shipping and handling, but we all know that won't work. Although donations to Nightstar are always welcome!***)

There are two ways to change your forum visibility:

Method 1
  1. Click this link and follow the directions

Method 2
  1. At the top of the page you will see a link that says "User Control Panel" Click it.
  2. Next on the left you will see "Board Preferences" Click it.
  3. Under that link you'll see "Display options for forums" Click it and follow the directions.

That's it! Now go back to the main page and you'll see what your hard work has accomplished.

If you have questions feel free to post in this thread and I'll be sure to reply within 5 minutes or less!****

Thanks for flying Nightstar and don't forget to tip your waiter/ress***

* worthy cause is our PayPal account.*** We are poor, ya know.
** and every day in the future unless a version upgrade borks this up. And in that case just post about it here and We'll fix it within 5 minutes or less!****
*** seriously we like donations. Isn't that obvious?
**** or more. I'm busy ya know. It shouldn't be more than a week, but it might be closer to a month. Lets just say that someone will reply at some point in the future. Maybe.