[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Nightstar Zoo • View topic - i can use some help with a problem.

The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:43 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:31 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:34 pm 
If you're using Windows XP, this might be relevant:
How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting.
It quotes error messages pretty close to the one you got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:08 pm 
Intern
Intern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:17 pm 
thanks for the tips guys, i ran the comp without the mouse first and booted it to ANOTHER fresh format and reinstall. still crashes. tried running only the HDD, no other drives. still crashes. I tried switching the ram to confirm that they are working. crashed on both clips, dont have any other spares that work on this particular system. still crashes. the only thing i can do is knoppix... if i only knew how. sorry guys, not a linux man.. the only linux system i have used is Xwin, and it was already set up. keep the info coming, i got a beligerent brother breathing down my neck for a working computer and no ideas left, i really need the help.

Thanks to those that have already helped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:19 pm 
Energizer Bunny

Knoppix is mindlessly simple; it comes with KDE installed, and you don't have to do any setup. Your only question is whether it works at all, and that can be solved without any knowledge of Linux at all.

Vorn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:49 pm 
ok, i put in a spare HDD i knew was good, and i still got the same crash on win xp install. here is the error code and all the information i could get:

windows has experienced an error and has shut down to protect your computer

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

if this is the first time you have seen this screen... blah blah blah..

technical information:

*** STOP: 0X0000000A (0XE83B2739, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X080831CE7)

Thats all, info is appreciated as always. please let me know what the heck is going on... i cant stand not being able to fix it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:21 pm 
Is there any chance the CPU could be overheating? It's a frequent cause for that error, according to these guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:40 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:29 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:25 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:00 pm 
Before you give up on that motherboard, search the Internet for any problems specific to that board. You might find some obscure solution that will save you the expense of a new MB.

For example, I have an older computer with an Asus CUBX motherboard, which would very intermittently bluescreen with an 0x0A error.

After doing some research, I found out that the MB didn't like having the first DIMM slot populated if any of the other DIMM slots were populated. When the computer booted, sometimes it would recognize both DIMMs, sometime it would recognize only one, and sometimes while it was running, it would suddenly decide it had a different amount of RAM and crash.

The solution was as simple as moving my DIMMs from slots 1 & 2 to slots 2 & 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:53 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:15 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:00 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:57 pm 
Hi,

nope - that is exactly the behaviour of a psu going down.

At the beginning, it is able to hold up under the load it has to drive, but with the cheap capacitors at the edge of their specs after some reboots the action starts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:54 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:27 pm 
I have a quick computer question of my own. What do you guys know about Averatec and AMD?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:26 pm 
Intern
Intern