The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:34 am 
Intern
Intern

Here's an online version of

THE AUTOMOBILE STORAGE BATTERY ITS CARE AND REPAIR 1922 0. A. WITTE Chief Engineer, American Bureau of Engineering, Inc.

Third Edition Completely Revised and Enlarged Fourth Impression

Published 1922 by THE AMERICAN BUREAU OF ENGINEERING, INC. CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, U. S. A

A practical book for the repairman. Gives in nontechnical language, the theory, construction, operation, manufacture, maintenance, and repair of the lead-acid battery used on the automobile. Describes at length all subjects which help the repairman build up a successful battery repair business. Also contains sections on radio and farm lighting batteries.

Also with a link to download the whole thing in a ZIP.

495 pages plus Definitions, General Index, A Visit to the Factory and a section on Lead Poisoning and Safety, added by the person who scanned and OCR'ed the original.

14 pages of business methods omitted, 80 year old buyers index omitted for obsolescence and advertisiments omitted for bandwidth reasons.

"I am a machine. I am a weapon of war. I am a destroyer of life in the service of life, the sword and shield of my human creators." Bolo Invincibilus, Mark XXIII, Model B (Experimental) 0075-NKE "Nike".