The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Babelfish fun
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:06 am 
The following two paragraphs were copied from different locations somewhere here in the One Hath Ritz Togs forum. Each has taken the same five trips through the babelfish engine. The first, and easier question, is what was the original text and where did I get it.

The second question is: What was the sequence of babelfish translations used?

Code:
I extremely anticipate very small quantity the people, with very little accept therefore uses one equal way. Greatest example in the middle one does not give you compared to the value sentience is. 傲慢, revises in is opposite, is reduced this matter, trains us quite high feels us.

Code:
They change obviously. They look cleanly, because I propose its I, each month, the discussion forum member seeks with one spot to the base and is killed with which if is weak and stupidly that by the discussion forum.

-Pi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:50 pm 
Los dos párrafos siguientes fueron copiados de diversas localizaciones en alguna parte aquí en el un foro de Hath Ritz Togs. Cada uno ha tomado los mismos cinco viajes a través del motor del babelfish. La primera, y más fácil pregunta, es cuál eran el texto original y donde yo lo consiguió.

La segunda pregunta es: ¿Cuál era la secuencia de las traducciones del babelfish usadas?

Código:
Anticipo extremadamente cantidad muy pequeña la gente, con muy pequeño acepto por lo tanto utilizo una manera igual. El ejemplo más grande en el medio no le da comparó al sentience del valor es., revisa adentro está enfrente de, se reduce esta materia, nos entrena absolutamente arriba nos siente.

Código:
Cambian obviamente. Miran limpio, porque propongo su I, cada mes, las búsquedas del miembro del foro de la discusión con un punto a la base y se matan con la cual si débiles y estúpido es ése por el foro de la discusión.

- pi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:52 pm 
Je serai honnête, pi... que je n'ai aucun indice quant sur diable va =) * des rires *

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:27 pm 
The first one is Raif's sig:
Raif wrote:
I expect very little from people, and rarely get even that. There lies one of the greatest examples that sentience doesn't give you value. The arrogance that makes us feel superior, unwilling to change, is the very thing that degrades us.

You got the other one from "Number Sequence #1"
jeremiahsmith wrote:
Of course they would. You see, as I envision it, every month, the forum member with the least points would be tracked down and killed, thus weeding out the weak and stupid from the forums.

The language sequence is obviously a bitttt more tricky...are we supposed to figure it out by tracing idioms or by actually mushing the text around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:25 am 
Yeah, okay. This post is over four months old, I can give the answer. The puzzle was inspired by reading some engrish, but apparently this crowd isn't the puzzling type.

Kudos to HunnyRoastedPeanut for getting the first part correct.

Part one:

Raif's sig:
I expect very little from people, and rarely get even that. There lies one of the greatest examples that sentience doesn't give you value. The arrogance that makes us feel superior, unwilling to change, is the very thing that degrades us.

JeremiahSmith, in "Number Sequence #1:
Of course they would. You see, as I envision it, every month, the forum member with the least points would be tracked down and killed, thus weeding out the weak and stupid from the forums.

Part two:

eng-germ
germ-fren
fren-eng
eng-chin
chin-eng

I make no guarantees that these will produce the same text now... For all I knwo, babelfish has changed the way it translates in the last four months.

-Pi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:22 am 
you scare me sometimes...