The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: God's New Rottweiller
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:32 pm 
So reports that the Archbishop of San Francisco is going to take over the new Pope's old job are apparently correct. I first heard about this on the Beeb this morning, before the official announcement, with the commentary of 'naming an American to the post means that the new Pope means to take sexual abuse investigation seriously'.

Which is probably true. If by 'seriously' you mean 'leaving the wolf to guard the henhouse'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:22 pm 
The church's attitude towards their member's sins can pretty much be inferred from the fate of Cardinal Law: cushy new job in the Vatican. anyone?

The church has a lot of sins to answer for. And I for one have no particular trust or patience to wait for a supernatural being to do the talking-to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:20 am 
last I heard, it took them months to work up an inquiry as to just what all this pedophilia nonsense was about (after shuffling said priest around the country to hide the fact), and whether anyone had been playing hiding the holy sausage with the younger members of the flock, but only weeks (days?) to organize trouble (read: threatened excommunication) for the people who wanted the church to be reponsible for the bad behaviour of it's workers.

Oh yeah, *real* concerned.