The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:08 am 
Let's be absolutely clear, then. Do you, pronto, believe that the war in Iraq is a religious war? What is your position?

Just so we're clear that there is no nervousness on my part, I do not believe that the Iraq war is a religious war, for the reasons I stated earlier. I do however believe that there are others who do see it as a religious war for their own reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:45 pm 
jokermage wrote:
Let's be absolutely clear, then. Do you, Pronto, believe that the war in Iraq is a religious war? What is your position?

Just so we're clear that there is no nervousness on my part, I do not believe that the Iraq war is a religious war, for the reasons I stated earlier. I do however believe that there are others who do see it as a religious war for their own reasons.

lol Good man. In truth, I don't know. (Not that a name is important anyway.)
But some of the things that influence me... 19 of 19 people involved in the action that turned 'minor', ignorable, 'on-foriegn-soil' attacks into a 'WARRE' were clearly motivated by religious beliefs. Al Quida, Al Quida in Mesopotamia and the Taliban are all religious organizations. Despite looking for them I haven't seen any reference to athiests resisting the US occupation of Iraq.
No, I don't think the US is waging war for religious reasons. I don't think it could and remain anywhere near free.
But the west and most specificly the US are being attacked under religious rationalizations and that fact needs to be recognized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:47 am 
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/08/29/washington.islam.ap/index.html

I was wrong, I admit it. It's definitely not a religious war.
Islamic fascism. Fascism makes it different.

Christian fascists against muslem fascists? This could make a good movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:32 pm 
http://www.slate.com/id/2158114/entry/2158168/