The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:36 am 
I started working on this several months ago...At the rate it's progressing, it's still gonna take a while.
Basically, I was thinking about medieval-fantasy worlds, and RPG such as Dungeons&Dragons...And I started imaginating a story where a group of adventurers, instead of trying to stop some arch-villain from taking over the world, tried to take over the world themselves.
After I finished writing my previous writing project, I decided to start working on this story..."The Power League". Thing is, I needed to create a world for them to take over in the first place...So I spent a few months designing a complex fantasy world. Finally, when enough elements were in place, I started writing the story itself...
It's progressing slowly...Five chapters so far, and the plot is only starting. But I have high hopes for it.
The whole thing canbe found here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:30 pm 
Just finished reading the five chapters you have up. So far, pretty interesting; I like the juxtaposition of the beginnings and the twenty year later look at how things had gone. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

It does look like the Power League is behind the various secret organizations out there in their world; an interesting plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:57 pm 
Finally posted the sixth chapter.
Sorry for the long delay...Between finals, holidays abroad, the epic summary of "It's Walky" (which I have yet to finish), City of Heroes, and a Care Bears PFF, I didn't have much time left for the Power League.
Hopefully chapter seven will take less time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:30 pm 
Just read chapter 6. Developing nicely. I wonder if Rod and the bandits will provide clues to the party.

Hyeronimus...interesting character. At first I thought he was a Power League plant, now I'm not so sure. Professional spy for the Vigil? Not sure. Maybe both. It will be interesting to see how many secret organizations are tied to the league; I'm certain the Network and the Society are only the beginning. It could be the Vigil is part of the league as well. Keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:46 pm 
Chapter 7 up, as the plot to control the thieves' guild goes into motions.
And Paver? Thanks for the review :) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:29 am 
Chapter 8 is up, with the first real battle in the series (only now? Geez, I'm slow).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:08 pm 
Chapter 9 is up, as the takeover plot enters its second phase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:22 pm 
Woo hoo! Chapter 10 is up, as the Counter-League traverses the Inner Sea. Not much progress quest-wise, but I got to make them interact with some NPCs... :wink: