The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:28 pm 
Here's a little something I thought of while at work. I have no idea why, though. Nor do I have an idea what to call it. :oops: Any suggestions would be welcome. :)

And comments & criticisms, of course.

There was a man who called himself Viktor Hugo, real name undisclosed due to extreme embarassment. He was someone who considered himself a budding overlord: he had a base, a right-hand man and lackeys, but that was it. He was completely hopeless. The only reason he had those was the amount of money he was somehow able to splash out. Here is one example:

"Once I have the Celestial Orb, I will be impotent! Mwahahahaaa!!"

His gloating was interrupted by Jacobs, his right-hand man. "What is it?" He snapped.

"Er, well, Sir... You said 'impotent', instead of 'omnipotent', again."

Hugo looked thoughtful. "Did I? Darn, I'm always doing that..." He broke off when he noticed his lackeys laughing at him. Angrily he yelled, "You find that funny, do you? Well laugh at this. Your TV privileges are revoked for 5 weeks!"

This soon turned the lackeys mood and they walked off mumbling. Jacobs tried to protest, but Hugo wasn't listening. "It would have been SIX weeks but for that damned National Union of Minions," he muttered to himself. Eventually, though, Jacobs broke through his reverie. "You questioning me?" Hugo snarled. Jacobs cowered at this. "Do you want me to revoke your teddybear privileges again?"

With this, Jacobs looked absolutely fearful. "Not Mr Cuddles, please," he moaned, almost sobbing. "I wasn't able to sleep for two weeks after the last time!"

Hugo smirked. "Well, I'd advise you to know your place."

With that, he stalked off, leaving a shaken Jacobs wiping his nose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:00 pm 
Pretty good story; I just can't think of a title that fits. :?