The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:55 pm 
Before you read any further, know that I advise some caution: What I have written is an...acquired taste, shall we say. Oh, it's mostly PG (with a PG-13 moment), and yet...
Okay, to cut the chase, here's the deal:
I write care bears fanfictions.
Still here?
It all started harmlessly enough, when I wrote "Return of the Care Bears". But then, the unthinkable happened: I got reviews. Pretty positive ones, too. And so, I succumbed to the temptation of actually writing the sequel I had in mind: "New Allies". From then on, fate was sealed.
I wrote a third story, rated PG-13 this time: "Control's Prank". I named the entire series "Time of Perils", and proceded to write a fourth story - "Of Origins and Invasions", the longest in the series (over 54 pages with Microsoft Word). Then came "The Mightiest Foe". I have today put the last installment of "Time of Perils" on the Web - the title is "Of Endings and Beginnings".
This has taken me nearly a year to write, and totals some 212 pages.
Yes, I know, I'm a freak. But it was fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:16 am 
There, there, there's always something worse.

For instance, if you ever wrote self-insertion "Mary Sue" fanfiction, I'd have to pay people to have you drawn and quartered. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:27 am 
Apparently I haven't learned my lesson yet, because I've started working on an Extended Edition of the previous. REworking parts I wasn't satisfied with, throwing in whole new chapters...Still at the beginning, but I'm satsified with what I've written so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:04 pm 
Ugh not the self-insertion mary-sue stories!
The problem is that they're the easiest kind to write- self-insertion, I mean. Actually working with existing characters is much harder.