[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Nightstar Zoo • View topic - Bachelor Chow

The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bachelor Chow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:08 pm 
Nightstar Graveyard Daemon

Okay, another listing... it's midafternoon and you just got home, and you know you have to cook but you're too lazy to "cook cook". So you end up whipping out a quick batch of Bachelor Chow. What's that for you?

I'm particular to the Nissin Cup Noodles. Cook 'em up with a drop of Dave's Insanity Sauce and you've got and interesting cup of slop.

If I'm willing to get a little more fancy, I'll make pork or oriental Top Ramen, then pan-fry the noodles. I heat up the skillet, drain the noodles and toss them into the skillet. The INSTANT they hit the skillet I sprinkle the flavor packet over the noodles, 'cause the moisture left on them is *just* enough to reconstitute the flavoriing. This is a good meal to work with because once I'm in the kitchen, sometimes the desire to not cook leaves and I end up making a full batch of "real" stir-fry to go with my noodles--I toss in frozen veggies and then, at the last minute, scramble a couple of eggs into the mess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:39 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:40 pm 
Official Village Idiot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:47 pm 

Beef Roast? Rosemary?!?

Take your skirt off, Julia. That's not Bachelor Chow. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:52 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:56 pm 
Official Village Idiot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:43 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:23 am 
Energizer Bunny

Hokay. You're gonna need one bottle Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce (Frank's Red Hot works too - other buffalo wing sauces should work too, but I don't know of any. it must be premade, though.), one packet of Good Seasons Italian dressing mix, some boneless chicken breasts, some portuguese rolls (the best for this, but you can use hamburger buns or whatever), some blue cheese salad dressing (I use Newman's Own), and some leaf lettuce (optional).

Mix a whole bottle of the frank's up with the packet of dressing mix, in a small saucepan. Cook it till it's nice and hot.

Flour the chicken breasts, then put them in a skillet that's been heated to saute-ing strength.

Baste the chicken breasts Very Liberally with the frank's stuff. Don't just pour it on, though.

After about 5 minutes, flip them over, baste very liberally again, wait 5, then take them off.

The sandwich is just a chicken breast and a leaf of lettuce (again, optional), dressed with the blue cheese dressing.

They call these "sliders". You'll figure out why when you eat one.

Vorn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:52 am 
Kraft Dinner. Boil water, cook noodles, drain, add milk, margarine, and powdered cheese. Eat straight from the pot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:02 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:11 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:14 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:39 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:17 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:51 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:55 pm 
Knight of Daisies, Tulip Slayer

MMMmmmm, fish.

Hopefully this year the bluegill in the front yard will be big enough to eat. And there's a couple bass ponds right down the road which I have permission to fish in anytime.

Don't even need a license, they're both private ponds.

Nampa Civic Center - Nampa, Idaho (Only 20 minutes from the airport!)
(Idaho: It ain't just potatoes anymore.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:57 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:01 am 
Energizer Bunny

For REAL bachelor chow, uh, hm.

Well, apples are good.

And so is crusty bread.

Salami dipped in mustard too.

Vorn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:15 am 
Goldfish.

It's the meal that smiles back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:38 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:04 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:07 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:22 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:32 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:25 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:29 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:30 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:49 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:04 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:54 pm 
Sweet Orental ramen:

1 packet cooked and drained ramen noodles
1 oriental flavor packet
~1 tbsp honey (I didn't measure, I just poured)

Coat the bottom of a frying pan with oil, mix cooked ramen/packet/honey, fry in oiled pan until honey starts to caramlise in the bottom of the pan (my noodles were juuuust starting to stick to the pan, because they had sopped all of the oil up)
add salt to taste, enjoy!

(it turned out rather sweet, which I like, personally)