The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: James Coney Island
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:06 pm 
I just went there for lunch today. Not only was the food crappy, I was hungry afterwards and went out for lunch again. Does anyone know of a good hotdog place in Houston area?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:51 am 
There's a Coney Island in Houston? I'm going to the Coney Island in Brooklyn, NY tomorrow night. Any relation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:55 am 
It is a hot dog fast food franchise that started at coney island.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:54 pm 
SirisC wrote:

Oh weird. I always thought Coney Island was famous for serving Nathan's hot dogs. I never noticed an actual "Coney Island franchise" around those parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:33 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
SirisC wrote:

Oh weird. I always thought Coney Island was famous for serving Nathan's hot dogs. I never noticed an actual "Coney Island franchise" around those parts.

I got it wrong. From their website it looks like they are a Houston, texas franchise that tried to imitate the coney island hot dog. (they failed by the way) (I could have sworn I have seen one outside of Texas, must be my imagination)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 6:39 pm 
The Coney Island hot dog is the one and only Nathan's. But even if you've had a Nathan's hot dog you haven't had a Coney Island Nathan's hot dog. There's just something about them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:47 pm 
The only place I have found that made good hot dogs was a guy in florida that had a small stand. He had all his hot dogs shipped from New York, and he did well enough to put all his kids through college with 1 tiny stand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:56 pm 
Energizer Bunny

I get my hot dogs from Super Duper Weenie, out behind the furniture store in Fairfield, CT. The weenies really are super duper, as are the fries, the burgers, the sodas...

Vorn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:17 pm 
One of the few things I miss about living in L.A. is the little hot dog carts that'd pop up near any sort of large event (outside the stadium, the Staples Center, the convention center, etc.). They had a flat grill on which they cooked hot dogs wrapped in bacon, and a mix of onion & bell peppers that got cooked in the bacon grease on the grill. Put 'em together in a bun with a little ketchup...sooo goood...

Top Dog is the best hot dog place I've been to. It's a local chain. I think they use Saag's sausages.