The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Restaurant Review
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:29 am 
Ok, I have decided to start a pseudo column. Whenever I go somewhere to eat, I will write a review of sorts. Here goes.

I should probably mention that I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico, so chances are a lot of the reviews will be for places in Albuquerque. However, I do travel a lot and will be sure to try and post places outside of my home town. However, feel free to use these suggestions should you ever drive through Albuquerque.

On to the main event...

El Patio

El Patio specializes in New Mexican cuisine. Remember, I say New Mexican, not Mexican. The styles are similar, but there are some differences. For instance, we favor green chili over red. If you really want the differences explained, I suggest you :stfw:. Uneducated putz...

This restaurant is small, and a little hard to find. It is on a small street called Harvard right by the University. They have very limited parking, but that is not really a problem considering how small they are.

This place is called El Patio for a reason. Most of their seating is outside the building in front shaded by two trees. The place is nothing fancy. The front "wall" is simply a blue fence, often adorned with posters and University fliers. The ground is usually covered with leaves from those trees I told you about. The building itself is old and in need of some repair and a new paint job.

But their food makes up for it. I had their carne adobada burrito, and I would highly recommend it. Their green chili chicken enchilada has also been rated best in the state. Best of all, it is cheep. Be warned though. Most of their food is spicy. It is not incredibly strong, but if you have a weak stomach… well, what are you doing in New Mexico anyway?

Most dishes come with a sopapilla, potatoes, and beans. You also get a choice of green or red chili. I, being me, chose green. They will let you get your chili on the side, put it works better if you let them mix it in with the other sides around the dish.

If you are ever in Albuquerque and need a nice place to eat with cheep food that tastes great (and are tired of chain restaurants) consider El Patio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:42 am 
So would you be considering encouraging others to do this as well? That way you get resturants in multiple towns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:52 am 
Sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:43 pm 
Here's a review for you. Just stopped by the Flying Tiger in Fairborn, OH. I went there with myself and my kids only. Super service and great chinese food. Definately head there if in the area.

Post subject: Re: Restaurant Review
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:53 am 
DarthBaboon wrote:
You also get a choice of green or red chili. I, being me, chose green. They will let you get your chili on the side, put it works better if you let them mix it in with the other sides around the dish.

Is this whole chilis or salsa?