The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Overclocked Remix
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:51 pm 
What are your favorite tracks from OC remix?

Mine is probably Bubble Bobble Jungle by Astroboy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:10 pm 
You should probably have posted the link to the main page gwalla

My personal faves are Trippin' on Snails (Rygar), and Metal Man goes Clubbin' (Mega Man II). There are also some really good ones dones to Space Harrier and [url=http://www.ocremix.org/detailgame.php?gameid=256[]Zillion[/url].

I have 36 songs that I've downloaded from that site. I find that I like the songs better if I've played the game, so I handpick mine rather than getting one of the big zip files through bittorrent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:42 pm 
Official Village Idiot

Battle Rocks by AmIEvil. I loves the funk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:40 pm 
Knight of Daisies, Tulip Slayer

I'm currently snagging the first 500 songs through BitTorrent. VERY SLOWLY. It's averaging about 8 bps or so. Usually it's sitting there stalled for one reason or another. I'm not impressed with BitTorrent or the current crop of p2p software. A year ago, I was actually able to find what I wanted, get what I found, and receive it in a reasonable amount of time. I may as well be back on dialup, as fast as these things are working for me.

Anyway. If I ever manage to get the full collection, I'm planning on using it in the gaming rooms at Fandemonium. I downloaded a couple tracks last night individually, and they sound really good.

Nampa Civic Center - Nampa, Idaho (Only 20 minutes from the airport!)
(Idaho: It ain't just potatoes anymore.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:50 pm 
Ogredude wrote:
I'm currently snagging the first 500 songs through BitTorrent. VERY SLOWLY. It's averaging about 8 bps or so. Usually it's sitting there stalled for one reason or another. I'm not impressed with BitTorrent or the current crop of p2p software. A year ago, I was actually able to find what I wanted, get what I found, and receive it in a reasonable amount of time. I may as well be back on dialup, as fast as these things are working for me.

Bah. I'm sitting behind a firewall at school that restricts my download speed. I'm lucky if I get 2 Kib/s.

500 songs is a lot. That download would take forever and a day even if you were going at the normal rate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:57 pm 
Ogredude wrote:
I'm currently snagging the first 500 songs through BitTorrent. VERY SLOWLY. It's averaging about 8 bps or so. Usually it's sitting there stalled for one reason or another. I'm not impressed with BitTorrent or the current crop of p2p software.

Make sure you're allowing other people to connect to you. If nobody can connect, your dowload speeds on bittorrent will suck. I had this problem too...turned out since I was sitting on a LAN with a router between me & the Internet, and the router was not set up to direct connection requests to me, connection attempts were simply getting blocked at the router. I ended up having to set up port forwarding for the port BitTorrent uses. I had to do the same for LimeWire (gnutella).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:09 pm 
Oh, well in that case, the firewall probably restricts my upload speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:37 am 
Ogredude wrote:
I'm currently snagging the first 500 songs through BitTorrent. VERY SLOWLY. It's averaging about 8 bps or so. Usually it's sitting there stalled for one reason or another. I'm not impressed with BitTorrent or the current crop of p2p software..

Here's a basic rundown of what they're for:

BitTorrent: Movies, games, big stuff (I've found PS2/XBox ISOs there too). Theoretically it's very fast, but I've never found it to be. Drawbacks: Major corruption. Download speed seems to depend on the number of people currently downloading, not the number of people who have the full file.

eMule: Movies, Games, just about any software, properly-implemented MD5 sums mean flawless downloads every time. Drawback: It can take a few hours or days for a file to get up to a solid download speed (depending on popularity).

SoulSeek: This is the one you want. Designed for music, and it doesn't download the same file from multiple users at the same time (no corruption). You can even download entire folders. Another benefit is that it has some very rare MP3s (stuff I've never found elsewhere).

Of course, if none of that works you can always get these MP3s straight off OCRemix's website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:11 am 
Knight of Daisies, Tulip Slayer

SoulSeek is awesome. Thanks.

Nampa Civic Center - Nampa, Idaho (Only 20 minutes from the airport!)
(Idaho: It ain't just potatoes anymore.)

Post subject: Re: Overclocked Remix
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:47 pm 
gwalla wrote:
What are your favorite tracks from OC remix?

The 'Shadow's Theme' Remix

Unfortunately, the Magus themes are little...unusual to my taste.

I might listen again, just to be sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 8:07 am 
Braving Tal Tal Heights and Save Me.