The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

What do YOU play your games on?
One of the current crop of consoles (PS2, GCN, XB). 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
My trusty PC/Mac -- it's good for everything. 55%  55%  [ 17 ]
I take it with me with my GBA/GBC/GB_. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Retro to the MAXXXXX... (NES, SNES, Genesis, DC, Saturn, Neo Geo, etc.) 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
I'll take a little bit of everything for $200, Alex. (All) 35%  35%  [ 11 ]
Video games are for babies, dorkasaurus. (None) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 31
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:06 am 
So, I'm a big gamer, but being as we're on an online message board, I realize that my type of gaming may not be the same as yours. So I'm wondering what you all play, and what kind of games you play on your machinery.

Curiousity may have killed the cat, but I have a perfected double-jump and an itchy trigger finger on my side. :)

I play mostly console games, but I've been doing that for most of my life. I'm obsessed with Mega Man, and music games are what I excel at. You can definitely expect me to cash in on it if it fulfills the requirements of QUIRKY and AWESOME. I could go on more, but I'll wait to see if someone replies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:48 am 
On a sort of related note, is anyone else here trembling with excitement over the new Zelda game?

*glee!*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:04 pm 
DarthBaboon wrote:
On a sort of related note, is anyone else here trembling with excitement over the new Zelda game?

*glee!*

*Agree's wholeheartedly.*

*glee!*

I'm not Nintendo's bitch....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:07 pm 
A little bit of everything

wee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:40 pm 
SirGecko wrote:
DarthBaboon wrote:

*glee!*

*Agree's wholeheartedly.*

*glee!*

I am Nintnedo's bitch... and proud.

He beats me because he loves me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:07 pm 
I play almost exclusively on the PC.
Almost, because I played on the C=64 before, and a little on the Amiga. And I played Gran Turismo 3 on a PS2. And I play Gran Turismo & 2 on a PSX emulator.

But I have no interest in getting a console, only a burning hatred for the software companies that refuse to bring the good games to the PC, and ruin those games they do bring over.

And special burning hatred for Sony for making Gran Turismo and keeping it to themselves. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:10 pm 
Concession Worker
Concession Worker

DarthBaboon wrote:

*glee!*

Oh yes. Ohhhh, yes. Yes! YES! YES! YEEEEEeeeessssssss... ahhhh...

As for the original question: PC, Gamecube and GBA. And sometimes I fire up my C64 and play some Green Beret or suchlike :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:39 pm 
Wait, what? WHAT?! How far out of the loop am I?! Zejus!

...I haven't even played Windwaker yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:10 am 
The General wrote:
Wait, what? WHAT?! How far out of the loop am I?! Zejus!

...I haven't even played Windwaker yet.

Play it, play it now. Play it if only to see the final fight with Gannon. You will convulse wildly on your floor from the sheer cool that is Gannon.

Also, play LotR: The Third Age when it comes out this month. It looks awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:50 am 
DarthBaboon wrote:

*glee!*

Yes, but not quite to the extent of gnolam over there... ::eyes said post warily:: When I saw the trailer, I was totally captivated. Although I liked the style that Wind Waker had, I feel that this is definitely the kind of thing the Big N needs to shake the whole kiddie curse.

I know it'll take more than an adult Link, but it's a start, right?

SirGecko wrote:

I practically am. The day Nintendo gives up the console business (and hopefully that day never comes) is the day many tears are shed, with my faithful NES, SNES, N64, GCN, GB, GBC, GBA, and GBA:SP in my lap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:26 pm 
Knight of Daisies, Tulip Slayer

OK, I play on my PC, on my PalmPilot, and on my GBC.

I've been getting into a retro kick lately. Been playing adventure games that I missed out on the first time around... The Monkey Island series... The Callahan's Crosstime Saloon game (which is absolutely beautiful, I'll have you know)... Freddy Pharkas - Frontier Pharmacist... Some of the old Infocom games...

Yeah, oldschool rocks.

Nampa Civic Center - Nampa, Idaho (Only 20 minutes from the airport!)
(Idaho: It ain't just potatoes anymore.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:35 pm 
Ogredude wrote:
Been playing adventure games that I missed out on the first time around... The Monkey Island series...

I played my first Monkey Island when they put Escape from Monkey Island on the PS2 (or, at least I think it was that one... memory fails me). Immediately I went and bought the rest of the series. I LOVE THOSE GAMES.

Well, except for the fact that my memory card betrayed me, so right before the last "battle" of EFMI, the game locked up. Repeatedly. It never stopped loading. Someday I'll have to find the time to play through it so I can have some closure. (sigh)

Do they still sell any of the other adventure games you mentioned? It's by far my favorite genre, but it's hard to find others who really enjoy them (and they just don't make them for consoles, and most of my friends are console addicts so they don't know anything about PC games).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:59 pm 
DarthBaboon wrote:
Play it, play it now. Play it if only to see the final fight with Gannon. You will convulse wildly on your floor from the sheer cool that is Gannon.

Easier said then done. First I need to get a job, then I need to buy a Gamecube. Only then can I own Windwaker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:02 pm 
Oy, where to begin.

FFXI, Turn based strategy games (Galciv), a few other wierd things (angband): PC
Various mobile games on Zodiac & GBA
PS2 and GC for the modern games
Still lots of RPGs on the PS1, and plenty of retro RPGS there.
A handful of older things, on emulation. Not very often though. There were some nice Colecovision games out there.

Arcade games? Not very often. Only about a handful I was ever really addicted to. Like Black Tiger, Gauntlet, and Sinistar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:50 pm 
I do most of my playing on my computer. Basically I play RPG and sports games. Occasionally I go retro and play through my old console games (like the Shining Force series or the SNES FFs) but those I play on my computer too (because it's always more useful to have save states).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:11 pm 
everyone needs to get Resident Evil: Remake and Eternal Darknes: Sanity's Requiem!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:27 pm 
Attilla wrote:
everyone needs to get Resident Evil: Remake and Eternal Darknes: Sanity's Requiem!

Eternal Darkness is just weeeeeird. And by weird, I mean "ohmygoddon'tmakemelookatthatscreen." Not as in-your-face as Silent Hill, but little things will just freak you out.

The remake of Resident Evil's good so far, but it's a little harder to get into it since I played the game once through already (the original). But for $20 (both games, I mean), you can't pass it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:41 am 
I'm torn.... the majority of my games are either SNES/SFAM, or GB/A... which to vote for... decisions decisions...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:34 pm 
I have a Gamecube, though their aren't many games I like for it. I used to do a lot of PC gaming, but at this point the only PC games I retain any interest in playing are the Bauldur's Gate and Fallout series from Black Isle, and I can't seem to find copies of them.

DarthBaboon wrote:

*glee!*

Not really, in fact not at all.

Quote:

I bought a gamecube for no other purpose besides playing Eternal Darkness. That game is... insane, on so many levels. I'm going to try and play the entire game in one sitting after dark around solstice time, see just how far I can push myself over the edge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:42 am 
Kodiak Claw wrote:

DarthBaboon wrote:

*glee!*

Not really, in fact not at all.

Infidel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:33 pm 
i love it all. warcraft 3 rocks, so do classics like super robot wars and megaman. oh, halo 2 and gundam FvZ (ps2). if you don't know that second game you should go find it. Loads of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:26 pm 
Back in the day I was definitely a PC snob. I was playing Sim City, Populous and Doom when all the cool kids were playing Super Mario and Sonic..

Nowadays the whole industry is competetive enough that your newer consoles can hang just as well as a good gaming box. I just can't get used to the controls. give me a mouse and a keyboard anyday.

Although I am thinking about a used PS2 or Xbox to supplement my PC.