The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Star Wars Galaxies
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:43 am 
Star Wars Galaxies is currently running a two week free trial. I am on my second week, but will probably end up buying the game. It has improved by leaps and bounds since release. If anyone is interested, I am on the Chilastra galaxy, and my character's name is Kan'esha Shinseki.

You can download the client off Fileplanet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:47 am 
Ok, I bought the game. Remember, if you get the free trial post here so I can meet you in game. Also, the trial only goes till the end of the month (to start it; you still get the 2 weeks).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:24 pm 
Funny thing. I took it into my head to download that monstrosity. It failed at around 1 gig. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:06 am 
Darn... that sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:43 am 
Yes indeed. I look forward to the day when fileplanet dies a horrible, twisting death. Or properly supports download continuation. Whichever. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:53 pm 
Gamespot is aparently hosting the demo now too.

Remember, contact me in game or give me your charector's info here if you play!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:04 pm 
I believe I shall activate my trial account next week. You see, this week is my last major hurdle. Thank Bob. They almost killed me... but I WIN! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:57 pm 
We likes the trial. We likes it much. Gilado is our name, yes Gilado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:22 pm 
As soon as you activate it, let me know.

I have been to two planets so far: Corelia and Tantooine. Both were really cool, and I can't wait to head to Dantooine this weekend for a good long training trip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:33 pm 
By the way, you must start the trial by July 31st at midnight, or you are out of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:53 pm 
I'm username Adrired, probably the same for in game name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:04 am 
Right. After playing for the last 8 hours I'd say it definitely has potential. I need someone who's played it for a while to come drag me out of the newbie zone so I can get a better idea of the overall game. I *might* just get this game instead of WoW... undecided (I desperately need something persistent I can sink into).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:25 pm 
I could do that. I love this game. As I said before, my name is Kan'esha Shinseki. As long as you are on the Chilastra Galaxy, I can atleast hook you up with someone who can show you around.

Also, I was wrong. The free trial must be started by AUGUST 31st, so people can still do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:31 am 
When are you on, BTW?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:38 pm 
Varies. I am usually on sometime between 8:00 pm -3:00 am mountain time, and sometimes I am on during the day until the end of summer. If you want me to try and show you around, I am gonna need to head back to Tantooine. You got a speeder yet?

I may need to enlist the help of one of the leaders of my guild for any of the higher level planets like Dathomir. I can camoflauge you on Corelia, Tantooine, and Naboo, but I am not high enough level in ranger yet to camo you anywhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:28 am 
Yeh. I'm Gilado on the Chilastra galaxie as well.

Almost to Combat medic. So close I can taste it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:31 am 
DarthBaboon wrote:
Varies. I am usually on sometime between 8:00 pm -3:00 am mountain time, and sometimes I am on during the day until the end of summer. If you want me to try and show you around, I am gonna need to head back to Tantooine. You got a speeder yet?

Yeah. I have a hunch I'm kinda getting topped out for what's to do on Tatooine already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:50 am 
Raif wrote:
DarthBaboon wrote:

Yeah. I have a hunch I'm kinda getting topped out for what's to do on Tatooine already.

You finished the Jabba's Palace theme park yet? What about raided fort Tusken? Also, have you seen all the POIs yet? The sarlak pit? The krayt dragon graveyard? Taken all of Huff Darklighters missions?

I haven't even done those things, and I have been playing for almost a month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:34 am 
Ah, point. I hadn't noticed those until you mentioned them. Naw, I just have this feeling of "Right... nothing to see here... move along." :)

Is it just me or is chilastra pretty barren? I've only found a couple of guys who prefer to group, but they don't say much. :P

Also, is it temporary that they shutdown each server for about an hour a day? It wouldn't generally be a problem but they always pick that exact time of night when I'm playing. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:20 am 
I know the feeling. I moved on to Corelia before I finished Tantooine, and I will likely step it up a bit to Dantooine next. I like to explore, that is why I became a ranger in the first place.

As to peoplel, that depends what city you hang out in as to whether or not you can find people to group with. Chilastra really isn't that barran, there are just 8 of those worlds. If you hang out in Mos Eisley you should find a group no problem. If you hang out in Coronet you should crash 4 or 5 times no problem. :)

Coronet is definently the most populated city on chilastra. You can find anything you want there.At higher levels, you may even want to go there to form a group to go to say Dathomir, since it is a straight shot to the planet of whitches as well as every other planet except Loki and Rori.

And I don't know about server downs, the only time it has ever happened to me is when I leave my computer on during the day. Maybe you re just unlucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:52 pm 
Yeh I found precious few people who wanted to group on tatooine as well. You kinda have to know them and arrange to group there. But on Corellia I can't play for one hour without having to refuse 5 group invites because I decided to help some poor shmuck out with a beasty problem while on my way to a mission I wanted to do. I can't even just sit in the Medic Center and heal people without getting an invite some nights.

So my advice is to either move to a different planet or find some people and arrange a group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:47 am 
Well I tried an excursion to Naboo... that was interesting. I can now snipe things that are significantly stronger than I am without fear of even being hit once... good times. :)

However, I'm still no closer to finding many sociable people. Just about everyone I met was in another group, shouting from the town square, or hanging out in the Cantina. Nobody wanted to be bothered. :)

Anyway I've amassed a pretty decent character in these few days of play. Is there a way to give it to somebody when I leave?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:26 pm 
I guess you could. You would just have to give them your log-in data and they would have to buy another copy of SWG.

And as Gecko said, most of the people who group are on Corelia.