The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fable
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:03 pm 
Now, I know it is supposed to be an X-Box exclusive, but Halo was suposed to be too. Anyone dug up anything definitive about it coming to PC? Because if not, I may have to bend to Bill Gates and buy his behemoth...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:46 pm 
Remember, Micro$oft doesn't have $ony's need to keep all the good games on that one platform, so I'd say there's a chance it might get PC'd.
However, from what I've seen and heard, it seems to be a fairly console-oriented game, so it is uncertain if the marketing wizards will decide it could make s%#tloads of money on the PC...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:46 am 
It is microsoft. I don't think they have a single good game that has stayed an x-box exclusive. KOTOR came to PC, Halocame to PC, Splinter Cell came to everything... microsoft will probably put Fable out for PC too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:52 pm 
Yeah, well, I'm still waiting for Project Gotham Racing. :)
Why is it that all the best arcade racers are exclusive on the consoles?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:35 pm 
Lionhead's releasing it on PC as Fable: The Lost Chapters. It contains about 30% more content that was cut out of the X-Box release.

By the way, does anyone else think that Fable discriminates against ranged attacks and thieves? I wanted to make my first character an archer, but I was too unskilled with the bow and ended up as a burly swordsman. After playing through the game once and getting the feel of archery, I made a sort of an assassin (archer/thief). Those narrow, winding paths really aren't conducive to ranged attacks, and if you attack a group of guys you usually can't kill more than one or two before they get within melee range and start hacking the crap out of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:47 pm 
I like the XBox->PC trend.

They tend to catch most of the bugs and have it fixed for the initial PC version... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:56 pm 
... I'm still waiting for Project Gotham Racing... :,(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:44 pm 
Mravac Kid wrote:
... I'm still waiting for Project Gotham Racing... :,(

So I've heard.

I wonder how they're going to handle fishing on the PC release... it's hard enough with vibration, and almost impossible without it. At the higher levels later in the game I usually just closed my eyes while fishing because I couldn't react quickly enough to the changing color on the tension-meter.