[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Nightstar Zoo • View topic - Senator John Kerry's accomplishments?

The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:44 pm 
This page from his senate hompage is informative, but I can only find five specific actions of his. (The DOMA was an absolutely blatent attempt to make political hay so Hurrah for his vote against it.)

Google searching John Kerry's campaign homepage for "senator" or "senate" has very few relevant results and at least two dead links.

What has John Kerry accomplished in his nineteen year senate career?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:53 pm 
Knight of Daisies, Tulip Slayer

Nampa Civic Center - Nampa, Idaho (Only 20 minutes from the airport!)
(Idaho: It ain't just potatoes anymore.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:56 pm 
Official Village Idiot

Yay for his vote on Defense of Marriage. Pity he didn't do it twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:53 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:41 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:34 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:30 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:36 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:40 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:48 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:17 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:01 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:01 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:16 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:52 pm 
I would find it very hard to vote for someone who had history of embezzlement, adultery(with or without children), or lying. In each of these there is a breech of trust and/or contract. I believe that people can change though, so having done it sometime in the past may not be an automatic disqualification.

The reason basically comes down to trust. If I vote for someone it says that I trust them to represent me well. A dishonest person cannot be trusted. They may do well, they may not. They may betray you. An honest person may be honestly wrong, but they will try to do the best they know. A dishonest person may know the best thing to do in any situation, but they cannot be trusted to do it.

Honest may not be the best word for the type of person I'm looking for, but it will do for now. Virtuous, someone with integrity, upright, righteous, upstanding are some other terms that might work, but some of them have unneccesary religious conotations.

But a fundamental commitment to telling the truth and honoring trust is a requirement.

I guess one reason that I feel this way is because I am religous, and view this world as a temporary place. Because I do not see this world as the be-all and end-all I am, perhaps, more willing to accept less success or even failure if it leaves me with a clear concience. I would rather fail honorably than succeed dishonorably, in work, family, politics, world affairs, hobbies, or otherwise. Or as the Spartan women used to tell their men going off to war, "Return with your shield, or on it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:10 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:30 pm 
Actually, my use of the word "didn't" was meant to focus on the fact that Bush did do all those things. To say that Kerry "wouldn't" do something is a matter of opinion, and frankly, I don't know if he would or not. What I do know is that Bush did and therefore probably will do.

So, my logic is not a failure sir. 'Tis the communication that is a failure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:01 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:36 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:40 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:45 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:05 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:37 pm