[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 380: preg_replace(): No ending delimiter '/' found
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Nightstar Zoo • View topic - July 5, 2017 TFW: The third shoe drops right on top of you

The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:10 pm 
Carnie
Carnie

At least everyone is properly dressed to dance the Charlie Foxtrot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:17 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

" I gotta stop doing mathematics while sober."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:30 pm 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Get in the ship, close up and wait with point defense cannons and kinetic breachers ready. Let the Daggermother handle her hot mess. That's what I'd do.

But then, I'm not a career mercenary with pseudo immortality.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:34 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

Actually given past experiences that is exactly what Tagon would do. In fact if things look like they're getting too hot he would probably use his breachers to blow a hole and escape. He actually implied he would do that in this comic.

The Daggermother is no longer his client. She terminated the Toughs contract. And he does not fight when he is not getting paid to (Unless something like the galaxy is on the line, and usually he still ensures he gets paid somehow). Of course given past experiences he's also likely to offer the Daggermother his services at a marked up rate.

The important thing to note is that he's a career mercenary. He'll take a whole lot of risks for money, but he won't budge an inch for free.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:16 am 
Carnie
Carnie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:38 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:34 am 
Entertainment
Entertainment

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:58 am 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:27 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:27 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:21 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:45 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:30 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

"Fall back to the ramp and defend" could be read as securing Cindercone . . . and Kaff Tagon wants to get an idea what is coming, if only to know if it has antiship capability.

--FreeFlier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:28 am 
Carnie
Carnie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:18 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

By the way, going from today's comic, it seems that Urtheep's systems are indeed subverted. Tagon can communicate with Cindy (okay, it could technically be just a microphone on the ship's hull, but I assume standard radio/hypernet/whatever comms), so Daggermother's comms are not just being jammed in a conventional flood-everything-with-noise way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:46 am 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:21 pm 
Reptile House Exhibit
Reptile House Exhibit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:05 am 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:15 pm 
Carnie
Carnie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:22 pm 
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:26 am 
Carnie
Carnie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:49 am 
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

I would never accept a program that thinks it knows what I'm doing better than I do. Spellchecking can be helpful. Autocorruption is not.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:13 am 
Entertainment
Entertainment

When I make a typo in MS Word, I've usually noticed it myself and my fingers will be most of the way over to the backspace key before it even highlights. So typically I end up fixing it at the same moment it fixes itself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:11 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

In this specific case it was actually me misremembering the name. I know because I typed that post on a computer and it doesn't autocorrect here. But things like that are why I disabled autocorrect on my phone.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:06 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

" I gotta stop doing mathematics while sober."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:53 pm 
Entertainment
Entertainment

The legal ground for getting paid is very iffy, but it's there.

The contract was for assisting Urtheep, and due to the breaches of regulation the Daggermother was able to pull the kill fee for the contract. At that point Karl sending the dossier was for free, and any court would agree that's no fee there claimable other than the termination fee.

However THEN the Daggermother asked for further assistance, and that was provided. Requesting THAT assistance is a request of services. Past consideration cannot be used for future contacts, and the Daggermother KNOWS the Toughs are mercenaries and Urtheep have employed them in the past (ie just now). Thus it is only understandable that new requests of services would involve at the minimum a token fee and likely a lot more.

Thus, Ennesby should be able to argue for a settlement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:47 am 
Carnie
Carnie