The Nightstar Zoo

Nightstar IRC Network - irc.nightstar.net
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:44 am 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:53 pm
Posts: 420
A double-sized serving even.

Of course, if Elf had her desired playout, she would be alone, and after her "death", she and her husband would be in time-sync again.

Honor Guard: whose "honor"? :-)

_________________
I hope Para never plays with Tenzy. The result would be terrifying.
Para and Petey need to have some dialog together. Just because.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:21 am 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:53 pm
Posts: 642
You know I like the portrayal of the Upplechans that's being laid out. Sure these guys seem pretty despicable, but it's also being made clear that this is one specific faction of them which is messing everything up, and that if the actual main government were informed they would react if not more positively at least without killing everybody involved. (Because if the main government were willing to kill everyone involved these guys wouldn't have to cover their tracks.)

The toughs seems to have a real talent for running into, and subsequently destroying, rogue black ops organizations.

Also this is why your areas of operation should always be well lit. Sure it makes for a more foreboding atmosphere, but it makes things way too easy for enemy infiltrators.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:33 pm 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 391
Arcanestomper wrote:
You know I like the portrayal of the Upplechans that's being laid out. Sure these guys seem pretty despicable, but it's also being made clear that this is one specific faction of them which is messing everything up, and that if the actual main government were informed they would react if not more positively at least without killing everybody involved. (Because if the main government were willing to kill everyone involved these guys wouldn't have to cover their tracks.)

The toughs seems to have a real talent for running into, and subsequently destroying, rogue black ops organizations.

Also this is why your areas of operation should always be well lit. Sure it makes for a more foreboding atmosphere, but it makes things way too easy for enemy infiltrators.

"Well lit" ops doesn't really have the same ring to it though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:51 pm 
Offline
Intern
Intern
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:03 am
Posts: 1185
keybounce wrote:
A double-sized serving even.
He always did like the taste of kitteh.

Arcanestomper wrote:
Also this is why your areas of operation should always be well lit. Sure it makes for a more foreboding atmosphere, but it makes things way too easy for enemy infiltrators.
I don't think it would have made a difference. Cats can see in the dark just fine, so this probably applies to the Uuplechan, too. Also, if the hidden room were brightly lit, the people in the other room would be able to see them. "One way" mirrors aren't actually one way, they work because the room on the side that is supposed to be reflected back into is brightly lit and the other side is dark.

Unfortunately, this means it is pitch black, and you are likely to be eaten by a Schlock.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:51 pm 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:53 pm
Posts: 642
Fishman wrote:
keybounce wrote:
A double-sized serving even.
He always did like the taste of kitteh.

Arcanestomper wrote:
Also this is why your areas of operation should always be well lit. Sure it makes for a more foreboding atmosphere, but it makes things way too easy for enemy infiltrators.
I don't think it would have made a difference. Cats can see in the dark just fine, so this probably applies to the Uuplechan, too. Also, if the hidden room were brightly lit, the people in the other room would be able to see them. "One way" mirrors aren't actually one way, they work because the room on the side that is supposed to be reflected back into is brightly lit and the other side is dark.

Unfortunately, this means it is pitch black, and you are likely to be eaten by a Schlock.


Sure if you use a regular mirrors. But I'm sure the tech in this setting can get around that. If nothing else they can use a camera and a view screen.

I'm not saying a well lit room would have stopped Schlock, but I don't think he would have been able to take them out without even breaking the flow of the conversation if it hadn't been that dark.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:48 pm 
Offline
Safari Exhibit
Safari Exhibit

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:33 am
Posts: 179
Well, that makes Schlock even more terrifying. If need be, he can knock you out with a touch of perfectly-tailored chemicals.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:47 am 
Offline
Carnie
Carnie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:44 pm
Posts: 2565
Fishman wrote:
He always did like the taste of kitteh.

I have a very strong suspicion that Schlock didn't even eat them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:25 am 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:52 am
Posts: 740
0z79 wrote:
Well, that makes Schlock even more terrifying. If need be, he can knock you out with a touch of perfectly-tailored chemicals.

The way I saw it, he was using two "hands". One to push the head/tap on the shoulder, one to pull the feet. Smack his face on the floor.

Maybe you're right though. I didn't see the "bubbles".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:24 pm 
Offline
Carnie
Carnie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:44 pm
Posts: 2565
evileeyore wrote:
Fishman wrote:
He always did like the taste of kitteh.

I have a very strong suspicion that Schlock didn't even eat them.

Aaaaaaand I'm wrong, but I'm okay with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:37 pm 
Offline
Intern
Intern
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:03 am
Posts: 1185
Arcanestomper wrote:
Sure if you use a regular mirrors. But I'm sure the tech in this setting can get around that. If nothing else they can use a camera and a view screen.
They could, but you know, people don't always apply high-tech to solving EVERY problem. That only happens on Star Trek, where you can't even brush your teeth without a tachyon field widget. Sometimes you don't need to alter the gravitational constant of the universe just to hold papers on your desk, even if you can. Sometimes you just use a rock.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline
Entertainment
Entertainment

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:40 pm
Posts: 691
Location: Land of the webbed feet
evileeyore wrote:
evileeyore wrote:
Fishman wrote:
He always did like the taste of kitteh.

I have a very strong suspicion that Schlock didn't even eat them.

Aaaaaaand I'm wrong, but I'm okay with it.

Well, he didn't eat all of them . . .

. . .

Do you suppose he can't eat just one?

/flrrd/

--FreeFlier


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:56 am 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 391
Schlocks use of perfectly-tailored poison won't do him any favors when the two are later stuck trying to prove their innocence in front of those slightly less likely to kill them first. It makes things look premeditated, especially to those who willfully refuse to understand alien capabilities.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:49 am 
Offline
Monkey House Exhibit
Monkey House Exhibit

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:10 pm
Posts: 447
evileeyore wrote:
evileeyore wrote:
Fishman wrote:
He always did like the taste of kitteh.

I have a very strong suspicion that Schlock didn't even eat them.

Aaaaaaand I'm wrong, but I'm okay with it.


He used the minimum necessary available force to subdue without losing the advantage of surprise.
Until he figured out the poison, that was to quickly consume the enemies before they knew he was there.
Now, he can act upon his conscience, and use a less-lethal means of disabling his targets.

Besides, he's always been on the vindictive side where his friends are concerned. Those two in the interrogation booth monitoring room, and probably at least the second in command that sent her to die. I suspect the fourth MAY have been the CO, who was okay with giving the insurance industry what it wanted, but I suspect whoever it was openly admitted to intending to kill Elf to cover things up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:04 pm 
Offline
Carnie
Carnie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:44 pm
Posts: 2565
Sean wrote:
Besides, he's always been on the vindictive side where his friends are concerned.

I did say I was okay with it. I'd be okay if he kept right on Upa-snacking. Except that wouldn't fit his change of personality, so yeah, clean kills followed by non-lethal once it has the means, I'm okay with that as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:17 pm 
Offline
Intern
Intern
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:03 am
Posts: 1185
sotanaht wrote:
Schlocks use of perfectly-tailored poison won't do him any favors when the two are later stuck trying to prove their innocence in front of those slightly less likely to kill them first. It makes things look premeditated, especially to those who willfully refuse to understand alien capabilities.

Assuming it was actually poison and that they're dead. It seems to me that if he were just going to kill them, he wouldn't have left them uneaten.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:36 pm 
Offline
Arctic Exhibit
Arctic Exhibit

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:18 pm
Posts: 45
Fishman wrote:
sotanaht wrote:
Schlocks use of perfectly-tailored poison won't do him any favors when the two are later stuck trying to prove their innocence in front of those slightly less likely to kill them first. It makes things look premeditated, especially to those who willfully refuse to understand alien capabilities.

Assuming it was actually poison and that they're dead. It seems to me that if he were just going to kill them, he wouldn't have left them uneaten.


The little bubbles above their heads are a convention that means that they are mentally affected, not dead. Really high or sick and asleep.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group